Pre-Namib 'Getting to know you' trip around the Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStriker

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Butch, Kaboef and I met just before 8 at Krige's pub.
It was a cold and misty morning

000ph8.jpg

We then shot over Helshoogte to Franshhoek were we met two other lads, one of who are joining us on the upcoming Namibia trip.

001xo0.jpg

From there we rode over the Franschhoek pass

002hn2.jpg

and some nice dirt roads

003xz1.jpg

004ui4.jpg

We stopped in McGregor for a nice brunch at a cafe called "Green Gables Country Inn and Village Pub"

005vy2.jpg

Next up was a river crossing. The current was slight but the rocks were slippery. I decided not to paddle through but stood on the pegs and ploughed on. Bad idea! I struck a submerged rock which threw out the front wheel and I found myself suddenly heading upstream!
I turned back to the bank but the loose rocks gave way and I went down like a sack of potatoes. Fortunately I made it to the other side before going down so no water trouble...
Just a minor dent in the header pipe and some shallow scratches on the engine protectors. I felt like a poepol though since I was the only one who dropped it.

007kr1.jpg

Easy does it...

008kx6.jpg

Butch struggling a bit to keep the beast going straight

009vm1.jpg

Powering out of the wet...but not too much or you dig in

010oz2.jpg

That orange headlight apparently draws more attention from the cops than the missing number plate

011vk7.jpg

I owed everyone a beer because I popped my bike's cherry. We stopped of at this friendly bush pub and had a lekker chat with the locals and met up with some other bikers

012nz3.jpg

Thank you that is all