Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Uvex Carbon vs Desert Fox Carbon  (Read 1050 times)

Offline cracklin

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
Re: Uvex Carbon vs Desert Fox Carbon
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 11:09:57 am »
Desert Fox has UV A, B, C protection up to 400 NM.

Visor is constructed from virtually indestructible Makron as well

https://bikegear.co.za/desert-fox-pure-carbon-kevlar-enduro-adventure-helmet-review/

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline cracklin

• Forum Vendor
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 10:49:57 am »
We received this from a rider this morning:

I bought the Desert Fox Carbon Kevlar helmet from you earlier this year. Writing this as a testimony. I just completed a tour to Tanzania and back. Just want to testify that this helmet was an absolute pleasure to ride with in all the conditions that I met on the road. I was especially impressed with the way that it protected my head when I struck a pothole and had a very nasty head-over-heals fall. The only real damage after the fall was the visor that was scratched so much that I now need a new one. I actually struck the road with my face first! If it had not been for the helmet I could have sustained serious injuries. Thank you so much for this product.

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Fleet Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 11:20:36 am »
Great stuff!! :thumleft:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 01:18:49 pm »
My old shark is not all that good anymore, and I got a secondhand Arai which I then hand to my son.
Maybe this is a good option, I need to contact dustriders and hear what size is a 58/59 carbon..think Large

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Fleet Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 04:21:56 pm »
My old shark is not all that good anymore, and I got a secondhand Arai which I then hand to my son.
Maybe this is a good option, I need to contact dustriders and hear what size is a 58/59 carbon..think Large

You can do that, or I can take you to Flying Brick so you can try one one  :sip:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Mr D

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 08:25:34 pm »

I have a Uvex Carbon I am probably going to stick in the for sale section tomorrow - it is a large and marked 59/60.
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. T. E. Lawrence