• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 KLR 650 For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaT

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Chang Jiang (all models)
As life would have it there are a few things I need to sell...one of them being my trusty KLR.

I bought the bike from a forum member and would like to sell the bike to a forum member.

This is a good reliable Fugly.

It has:

Progressive fork springs in front
Heavier spring in the rear
Fastway Footpegs
Renthal Handle bars
Aluminium Bash plate
Crash bars
Ascerbis Hand guards
Powerflow exhaust (+original)
Doohickey has been done
12v powerpoint and USB charger
The usual adventure scars of a bike used properly but not abused

Please note the left fork seal is leaking, it started after my last trip to Baviaans and have not had time to replace it.
Since I have had the bike it has only been used for adventure trips and the Sunday morning rides with my wife.

The odometer stopped working at about 42k km's, I replaced it with a secondhand one I bought which had about 48k km's on - this one stopped working just after 49k km's  :dousing: at that point I just left it and used the GPS on my phone to measure trips. I have now fixed it (Last week) and it works perfectly. By my calculations I have done 4378km since the second ODO broke. So exact km's are not known but ballpark they are sitting at about 47k km's, they are definitely less than the current odo reading. I hope that explanation makes sense.

The rear tyre (Mitchelin T63) has only done the last Baviaans Trip so it is still good for a long time.
The front tyre (Mitchelin T63) is about 50% done.

All paperwork/licensing is up to date.

It comes with but is not fitted: a home-made rear carrier/pannier rack, some clutch/break levers, a mirror, the side-stand switch, a center stand that needs a bracket to be able to be mounted, spare key, original exhaust, home made radiator brace and whatever else I have that is for the KLR

I would like to get R28 000 for it but you are welcome to make an offer.

IMG_20180401_173219 by B R, on Flickr

IMG_20180401_173440 by B R, on Flickr

IMG_20180401_173229 by B R, on Flickr

IMG_20180401_173250 by B R, on Flickr