Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX  (Read 8386 times)

Online TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2018, 06:09:09 am »
Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about.  In this case, the post from the OP.  He made no mention of numerous phone calls or Kyalami being more important than his customer, so obviously any of our replies will not include that as part of the discussion.  Every single one of us are raising an opinion without having the facts.  This is true for those who agree with the OP, those who differ and more importantly those promising to keep their business away from the provider. 

The OP placed his story on an open forum.  He chose what info to share and what not, knowing that there will be reaction, both positive and negative to his case and that said reactions would be based on the info he chose to share.    Again, it is how a forum works.

.#BRADICAL!

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2018, 07:25:14 am »
 :sip:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Online TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2018, 07:30:15 am »

Having coffee alone!?  Now that is a disgrace!   :thumleft:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline >Herman<

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2018, 07:45:07 am »
And...? Any new news?  :patch:

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2018, 07:55:48 am »
Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about.  In this case, the post from the OP.  He made no mention of numerous phone calls or Kyalami being more important than his customer, so obviously any of our replies will not include that as part of the discussion.  Every single one of us are raising an opinion without having the facts.  This is true for those who agree with the OP, those who differ and more importantly those promising to keep their business away from the provider. 

The OP placed his story on an open forum.  He chose what info to share and what not, knowing that there will be reaction, both positive and negative to his case and that said reactions would be based on the info he chose to share.    Again, it is how a forum works.

The fact still remains that if you do not know for a fact then one does not make the assumption, then rather ask the question. Every body is allowed their opinion that is so and as you said this is a public forum it just get to me that it is always a certain few that would like to raise opinions without having all the facts and rather than obtaining the real facts they rather assume and as you said maybe at fault of the OP for not disclosing all the facts before hand.

But then raising stupid concerns like why spend more money on getting something through to a supplier than what it is worth, have one stopped and think that maybe this could have happened to you that is in a radius of 20km from this supplier with the same end result it is not about the tyre it is about the principle of the matter. If you want to sell(include) Insurance on a tyre then be prepared to honour the cover under reasonable circumstances or if not then explain or give a customer the T&C's before hand. But knowing what the tyre would be used for and if stranded that some sort of attempt to fix the problem will be made then afterwards reputing a claim for that reason is plain BS! But yet again this is my opinion!

Offline Ouman

« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2018, 07:56:07 am »
Sorry guys! Been on the road yesterday and management meetings and crap like that!

Of course I tried to phone Bruce - numerous times! Even before they send me that mail. I also met him once before and my impressions were that his knowledgeable and approachable. Thats also a reason why I gave him my money. This was last Saturday (and I contacted them on Friday saying that I will be there on Saturday to resolve this) but up till now ------ nothing!

I understand that he is away doing other things, but I'm in business as well and when I go away (like on 7 day bike trip) I ensure that my customer will be attended to by someone else if needed.

I thank everyone again for their input on this thread. I can post pictures of where were fixing (or attempting to) the cut, but not of the cut itself. I will get some a post it. Then you will see that the cut was to such an extent that immaterial of what you do to it, it would always just be temporary. And by that I mean for a few more kilometers.

I read through all the comments and I stick by my story. I tried right from the outset to not be twatwaffle and tackle this problem like any reasonable man would, but I certainly do not take kindly to people who enticed me to their business with certain promises - take my money and when they have to make good on their advertised promise - feed me a cock and bull story! Dit maak die Kanaalaap in my wakker!!

As I said before! I feel done in! If that tyre is repairable then why on earth did they not fix it when I was there - let me pay for it and send me on my way! And I was introduced to a guy from Metzler on the premises, but he was totally non committal.

Therefore! I don't give a rat's ass how much effort and time this takes up, but I will see this through. All the way to the ombudsman!

But, being a fair man! Bruce still have the opportunity to make good! And when he does I will leave no stone unturned to tell the world he did the right thing!

Thats how it should be!  In the meantime! We wait!!!
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline armpump

« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2018, 07:56:33 am »

For sure - The owner of the business is Bruce de Kock and the tel. no. is 011 - 2050216
Bruce runs a very neat, well stocked shop and is very active in the promotion of all facets of motorcycling ( or biking  ;D )
Lets hope we can get to a proper solution.
I have spoken to Bruce and they will issuse a Statement shortly  :thumleft:
[/quote]

Any idea if this Statement will actually explain what the "insurance" covers and what the process should be if one of us in future gets a flat,slice warra, warra.

Personally think it's a great "extra" to offer clients and if claim process works with no bullshit it would sure make me think about buying my next hoops from them.

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:11 am »
But, being a fair man! Bruce still have the opportunity to make good! And when he does I will leave no stone unturned to tell the world he did the right thing!

Good on you Ouman. I hope Bruce comes to the party, set the records straight and sort you out.  :thumleft:

Online TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:12 am »
Sorry guys! Been on the road yesterday and management meetings and crap like that!

Of course I tried to phone Bruce - numerous times! Even before they send me that mail. I also met him once before and my impressions were that his knowledgeable and approachable. Thats also a reason why I gave him my money. This was last Saturday (and I contacted them on Friday saying that I will be there on Saturday to resolve this) but up till now ------ nothing!

I understand that he is away doing other things, but I'm in business as well and when I go away (like on 7 day bike trip) I ensure that my customer will be attended to by someone else if needed.

I thank everyone again for their input on this thread. I can post pictures of where were fixing (or attempting to) the cut, but not of the cut itself. I will get some a post it. Then you will see that the cut was to such an extent that immaterial of what you do to it, it would always just be temporary. And by that I mean for a few more kilometers.

I read through all the comments and I stick by my story. I tried right from the outset to not be twatwaffle and tackle this problem like any reasonable man would, but I certainly do not take kindly to people who enticed me to their business with certain promises - take my money and when they have to make good on their advertised promise - feed me a cock and bull story! Dit maak die Kanaalaap in my wakker!!

As I said before! I feel done in! If that tyre is repairable then why on earth did they not fix it when I was there - let me pay for it and send me on my way! And I was introduced to a guy from Metzler on the premises, but he was totally non committal.

Therefore! I don't give a rat's ass how much effort and time this takes up, but I will see this through. All the way to the ombudsman!

:thumleft:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2018, 08:04:52 am »
I am sure Bruce will go out to Batt for you  :laughing4:  (not sure if he might have that little square of sandpaper for 'fixing punctures' in his jocks for later use though)  :imaposer:

Tyre dealer has got to be one of the most frustrating businesses to be in - one mishap whether OP induced (as is most often the case) or not and the tyre is kak, the dealer is kak, the world is kak, Never buying that brand again, never going to that dealer again etc ...   >:D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:08:41 am by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Online TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2018, 08:05:29 am »

The fact still remains that if you do not know for a fact then one does not make the assumption, then rather ask the question. Every body is allowed their opinion that is so and as you said this is a public forum it just get to me that it is always a certain few that would like to raise opinions without having all the facts and rather than obtaining the real facts they rather assume and as you said maybe at fault of the OP for not disclosing all the facts before hand.

i think you are expecting a bit much from a forum and how a forum operates.  In fact, you are making similar assumptions right here, just like all of us do as often as we all do.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Ouman

« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2018, 08:05:52 am »
Personally think it's a great "extra" to offer clients and if claim process works with no bullshit it would sure make me think about buying my next hoops from them.

And so would I And I did! Didn't I?? Its a great piece of peace of mind to have travelling the roads that we do! But if this is only used to get people to spend their money at your shop - then something's wrong!

Online TheBear

• KilRoy se haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2018, 08:08:58 am »

And so would I And I did! Didn't I?? Its a great piece of peace of mind to have travelling the roads that we do! But if this is only used to get people to spend their money at your shop - then something's wrong!

Agreed.  It is a very good marketing strategy, but it could easily bite then in the backside if they have an assessor who makes silly calls like in your case.  These are motorcycles.  No spare wheels.  Tyres will arrive with snot plugs in them all the time.  Surely the underwriter will (should) know and understand this.
.#BRADICAL!

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2018, 08:16:08 am »

Having coffee alone!?  Now that is a disgrace!   :thumleft:

My apologies.   You welcome to pop in for a cuppa.   :thumleft:

Sorry vir die hi-jack Ouman. 

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2018, 08:26:49 am »
Japie my ou maat. Ek voel saam jou oor die ding. Ons Noord Kapenaars is manne van ons woord en ons verwag dieselfde van ander mense.
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2018, 08:33:09 am »
Japie my ou maat. Ek voel saam jou oor die ding. Ons Noord Kapenaars is manne van ons woord en ons verwag dieselfde van ander mense.

Stem saam Crockadil  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Ouman

« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2018, 08:50:53 am »
Jy verstaan my ETS!

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2018, 09:07:09 am »

i think you are expecting a bit much from a forum and how a forum operates.  In fact, you are making similar assumptions right here, just like all of us do as often as we all do.

Maybe I am expecting a bit much as you say I mean what is common decency and we are after all only humans, but as to making assumtions I am not making any!! Am I stirring the pot maybe only so slightly :pot:

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2018, 09:23:04 am »
I also decided to buy from Bike Tyre Warehouse in Midrand 'cuase they offer  "free" insurance which would cover "against any irreparable accidental damages to the insured tyres on your bike" And this is valid for 12 months.

The Insurance accessor had a look at the 170/60-16 Metzeler Karoo 3 Tyre..
He said that he cannot Cover as the Tyre was fitted with Puncture Plugs.
Insurance Cover does not cover for repairs done to the Tyre.

Sorry……

Hi Ouman

On what grounds did they exactly repudiate your claim?  It is not clear to me.
- That it is repairable
- That it could have been repairable but you damaged it
- That you attempted to repair it. (even though it was irreparable)

Offline Ouman

« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2018, 09:30:07 am »
Your guess is as good as mine! It would seem as if I'm being punished because I tried to repair it by putting a plug in it! So all the see is the plug! Not the massive cut the had before I put the plug in there!

If thats not it then I am as lost as you are why they would not honor the claim!