Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX  (Read 8561 times)

Offline TheBear

• Time for a free lunch! *buuurpp*
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2018, 09:35:30 am »
Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about.  In this case, the post from the OP.  He made no mention of numerous phone calls or Kyalami being more important than his customer, so obviously any of our replies will not include that as part of the discussion.  Every single one of us are raising an opinion without having the facts.  This is true for those who agree with the OP, those who differ and more importantly those promising to keep their business away from the provider. 

The OP placed his story on an open forum.  He chose what info to share and what not, knowing that there will be reaction, both positive and negative to his case and that said reactions would be based on the info he chose to share.    Again, it is how a forum works.

The fact still remains that if you do not know for a fact then one does not make the assumption, then rather ask the question. Every body is allowed their opinion that is so and as you said this is a public forum it just get to me that it is always a certain few that would like to raise opinions without having all the facts and rather than obtaining the real facts they rather assume and as you said maybe at fault of the OP for not disclosing all the facts before hand.

i think you are expecting a bit much from a forum and how a forum operates.  In fact, you are making similar assumptions right here, just like all of us do as often as we all do.

Maybe I am expecting a bit much as you say I mean what is common decency and we are after all only humans, but as to making assumtions I am not making any!! Am I stirring the pot maybe only so slightly :pot:

I was wondering about pot stirring, but refused to make such an assumption and share an opinion on it as I do not have the facts.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2018, 09:36:37 am »
We have a bit of  logical conundrum here:

If not repairable, replace
If repairable, fix

Either way old bones should be the recipient of the benefits? I don't see how the shop can wriggle out of this.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2018, 09:41:03 am »

If repairable, fix

Either way old bones should be the recipient of the benefits? I don't see how the shop can wriggle out of this.

What about a third option of it was repairable but damaged due to roadside repair.  To me their email seems to try and hide behind this.
Then it is a question to prove that it was not repairable and getting them to honour it.

Offline Ouman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2018, 09:42:13 am »
You said It just right J-Dog!!
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline Ouman

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2018, 09:46:52 am »
I fail to see how I could further damage the tyre! A 3 cm cut will render any bike tyre irreparable.

The point remains - what should I have done! Wait in the Tankwa Karoo until an assessor can get to me to hold my hand and lead me on the next step forward? Or do you realize that the tyre is beyond repair and try anything to get out of there!?

Offline Ouman

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2018, 09:57:31 am »
This where it happened! Do you see any assessor around anywhere?

Offline Ouman

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2018, 09:58:50 am »
Still Not?

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2018, 10:01:45 am »
While all this is happening, spare a thought for the poor Metzeler Karoo that could not handle the Tankwa Karoo.

The following users thanked this post: Az

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:59 am »
Bill the Bong, Saddle Up, RobLH, roxenz, OomD (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Maybe the 1 Hidden is the Metzeler Rep.  Somehow I doubt it.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2018, 10:03:46 am »
I fail to see how I could further damage the tyre! A 3 cm cut will render any bike tyre irreparable.

The point remains - what should I have done! Wait in the Tankwa Karoo until an assessor can get to me to hold my hand and lead me on the next step forward? Or do you realize that the tyre is beyond repair and try anything to get out of there!?

Yes I agree.  But I don't think the facts of what happened or what you should have or could have done is in question.  To me the question is if the facts have been carried over to the insurer and what exactly are they repudiating.
There just seem to be a quick response from the insurer and no investigation or evaluation.

Offline Oros

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Triple Black is the new Orange
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2018, 10:16:08 am »
This where it happened! Do you see any assessor around anywhere?
Guy on the right looks like he is assesing the situation. :pot:
Kawasaki KDX 175, Honda CR 250R, Yamaha XT 250, Honda CRF 450, Honda XR 600, Honda XRV 750, Honda Varadero 1000, KTM 950S, KTM 950 Super Enduro, KTM 990R, BMW GS 1200

Offline Ouman

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2018, 10:46:17 am »
Guy on the right looks like he is assesing the situation.

Guy on the right is moral support and also to remind me about my vocabulary!

Offline Ouman

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2018, 10:48:38 am »

Yes I agree.  But I don't think the facts of what happened or what you should have or could have done is in question.  To me the question is if the facts have been carried over to the insurer and what exactly are they repudiating.
There just seem to be a quick response from the insurer and no investigation or evaluation.

That is good question! And still I wait patiently to for someone to re-act or reply to the mail I send them! But, but my patience will soon be exhausted!!

Online Brucet

• Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2018, 11:13:52 am »
I take tyre warranty's with a pinch of salt.
On my Defender I had one BF Goodrich all terrain tyre start chipping and loosing bits of its thread and cracking after about 6000kms. The other three tyres where fine.
I took the vehicle back for inspection. They would not replace the tyre, even partly, as the rep said it was the result of abuse!!
Now how do you abuse one tyre on a permanent 4x4? and if you can how do you do it in a Defender?   :imaposer: I havent bought another BFG again and never will.

Its all marketing thats all and if you expect very little you dont get disapointed.

BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2018, 11:20:15 am »

If repairable, fix

What about a third option of it was repairable but damaged due to roadside repair.  To me their email seems to try and hide behind this.
Then it is a question to prove that it was not repairable and getting them to honour it.

Again, should he wait in the bush for a week before the assessor arrives? Just silly.

Offline Ouman

« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2018, 11:21:26 am »
I take tyre warranty's with a pinch of salt.
On my Defender I had one BF Goodrich all terrain tyre start chipping and loosing bits of its thread and cracking after about 6000kms. The other three tyres where fine.
I took the vehicle back for inspection. They would not replace the tyre, even partly, as the rep said it was the result of abuse!!
Now how do you abuse one tyre on a permanent 4x4? and if you can how do you do it in a Defender?   :imaposer: I havent bought another BFG again and never will.

Its all marketing thats all and if you expect very little you dont get disapointed.

You are quite right of course! I already bought a new Metzler Karoo 3. Its on the way to me! But if you use this type of marketing and you get caught out you have to make a business decision. If I can convince just 1 other person not to fall for this and not support BTW he would have lost 2 customers. Including me!

Having said that - BTW still has the opportunity to man up and I will make all of this disappear!

Online Brucet

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2018, 11:24:18 am »
You are quite right of course! I already bought a new Metzler Karoo 3. Its on the way to me! But if you use this type of marketing and you get caught out you have to make a business decision. If I can convince just 1 other person not to fall for this and not support BTW he would have lost 2 customers. Including me!

Having said that - BTW still has the opportunity to man up and I will make all of this disappear!

If it makes you feel any better they have now lost 3 including you. I dont mind paying the extra elsewhere.
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2018, 11:27:32 am »

If it makes you feel any better they have now lost 3 including you. I dont mind paying the extra elsewhere.

Lets make it 4. They'll never see me... because I live 1200km away  :imaposer:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Online Brucet

« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2018, 11:28:20 am »
 :laughing4: :imaposer:
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Offline Ouman

« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2018, 12:15:18 pm »
Ja Gert!!! :laughing4: