Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX  (Read 11736 times)

Offline Ouman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2018, 05:00:23 pm »
 :laughing4:

You're spot on here! After all! Who in his right mind is going to sit and read 9 pages of crap! Unless you follow it nobody does. And then still offers something completely out of context!
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2018, 05:13:24 pm »
the bottom line is .................  you were lied to , and misled
bad business , bad ethics , bad morals .... the end
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Draad

« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2018, 05:21:59 pm »
Please could you post this tyre guarantee that they gave you.... just so we/I dont get caught like this...would love to read "such" a guarantee that covers a puncture or cut  ;)
Sies jou VARK !!

Offline Ganjora

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Drug War Veteran
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
So why do you argue and debate while not having all the facts?

People argue and debate a lot of stuff without having all the facts.
The entire R&P section,  for example.

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • HKGK !!!
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2018, 05:54:27 pm »
Please could you post this tyre guarantee that they gave you.... just so we/I dont get caught like this...would love to read "such" a guarantee that covers a puncture or cut  ;)

And the actual document. Not someone else's interpretation of it. We still do not know what irreparable means ito the contract.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2018, 06:17:04 pm »

And the actual document. Not someone else's interpretation of it. We still do not know what irreparable means ito the contract.
in terms of the tyre or the dealers reputation.  :sip:
When is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »

How would you know to ask for the information, since you do not know that you do not have all the information?

Common sense 101 : Read the post, put brain in gear, think, THINK AGAIN, have brain still in gear, then if 1+1 does not make 2 ask the question , simple.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2018, 06:39:48 pm »

People argue and debate a lot of stuff without having all the facts.
The entire R&P section,  for example.

So true
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:30 pm »

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about. 

By first asking :peepwall:

Well, perhaps for the same reason you just asked this question without having all the facts of my discussion with Attie.   :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

By the way, just a quick and easy question for the "you are only allowed and opinion and argue, or debate if you have all the facts".  Please explain to me how one would know whether you have all the facts or not?

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2018, 07:47:55 pm »
Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about.  In this case, the post from the OP.  He made no mention of numerous phone calls or Kyalami being more important than his customer, so obviously any of our replies will not include that as part of the discussion.  Every single one of us are raising an opinion without having the facts.  This is true for those who agree with the OP, those who differ and more importantly those promising to keep their business away from the provider. 

The OP placed his story on an open forum.  He chose what info to share and what not, knowing that there will be reaction, both positive and negative to his case and that said reactions would be based on the info he chose to share.    Again, it is how a forum works.

The fact still remains that if you do not know for a fact then one does not make the assumption, then rather ask the question. Every body is allowed their opinion that is so and as you said this is a public forum it just get to me that it is always a certain few that would like to raise opinions without having all the facts and rather than obtaining the real facts they rather assume and as you said maybe at fault of the OP for not disclosing all the facts before hand.

i think you are expecting a bit much from a forum and how a forum operates.  In fact, you are making similar assumptions right here, just like all of us do as often as we all do.

Maybe I am expecting a bit much as you say I mean what is common decency and we are after all only humans, but as to making assumtions I am not making any!! Am I stirring the pot maybe only so slightly :pot:

Relax ou Attie, your drum roll has been heard, faintly so and people explained very nicely how forums work - Nobody said Ouman was right or wrong or BTW was right or wrong ( sorry, a few did actually ), but point remains, there is one side of the story and one side only on the roll currently .People even suggested ways and means to a possible resolution.

Appoligy accepted Sheepman!!

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2018, 08:39:39 pm »
Just finished watching the Hatfields & McCoys series.....this seems worse  :pot:
Time for an Adventure

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:10 pm »
Jeezuz - I am waiting for the 'and they lived happily ever after' ... either that or the unsubscribe button.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2018, 06:39:27 am »

How would you know to ask for the information, since you do not know that you do not have all the information?

Common sense 101 : Read the post, put brain in gear, think, THINK AGAIN, have brain still in gear, then if 1+1 does not make 2 ask the question , simple.

Common sense 101?  You cannot be serious.  In real life, just as in this thread, the OP tells his story.  That is what we react to.  How should we know the OP did not state all the facts?  How can we not accept that he dd?  We then say things, we make remarks, we ask questions.  He responds.  And so, the thread develops. 

I asked your earlier, you didn't respond.  Did you know all the facts before going for me, for reacting without all the facts, i.e. did you read every post I made in this thread in context?  I doubt that you did.  The interesting part is that, and this is also typical of forums, you and one other who insists on knowing all the facts, is not the OP, so technically buggeral to do with you. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:52:19 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline armpump

« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2018, 07:37:55 am »
Still no statement /Call i presume ?

Offline Ouman

« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2018, 07:45:45 am »

Nothing yet! I have to attend to a few things this morning and will be back in the office after lunch. If still no response I will get the ball rolling to escalate this.

And today I'm not in a fighting mood and therefore my correspondence to the relevant parties will be to the point and precise. They will be left with no doubt as to how far I'm prepare to pursue this! And its not about wanting a new tyre! Is is a principle thing! People cannot be allowed to go around with all sorts of gimmicks and false promises to boost his sales and when the proverbial crap hits the fan thinks by ignoring it all the problem will just disappear into thin air!

I refuse to let it!
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2018, 07:53:07 am »

Nothing yet! I have to attend to a few things this morning and will be back in the office after lunch. If still no response I will get the ball rolling to escalate this.

And today I'm not in a fighting mood and therefore my correspondence to the relevant parties will be to the point and precise. They will be left with no doubt as to how far I'm prepare to pursue this! And its not about wanting a new tyre! Is is a principle thing! People cannot be allowed to go around with all sorts of gimmicks and false promises to boost his sales and when the proverbial crap hits the fan thinks by ignoring it all the problem will just disappear into thin air!

I refuse to let it!

Janee wragtig!  As hulle nou nog nie probeer het nie verdien hulle alles wat na hulle kant toe kom.

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2018, 08:03:34 am »
1. Member posts a post to get a reaction and got it.
2. No facts other than a damaged tyre.
3. Business hung out to dry.

Potential to come.

4. Thread dies a natural death with the sheep still of a one sided opinion.
or
4. response with sanity prevailing and thread dies

Regardless Result:

5.Opinions still in place and business tarnished.

How we do love a crowd!  :(

P.S. I hope everything is sorted out from your side but regardless of the outcome this company is tarnished. Its a lose lose for them so why give you anything now. 

Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2018, 08:24:05 am »
Not really throttle Jockey. Chris in CT had a problem like this and it was sorted out. no reason why it can't turn out well for everyone.

Generally I would say it does not but one lives in hope.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2018, 08:27:05 am »
TJ - I think many 'facts' have been bandied around but as noted this can be 'selective reporting' and without all of them plus physical evidence it is difficult to pass judgement.

BUT that said the issues/questions here for me are largely about ethics - (1) that of the OP (2) that of the retailer

- Is it fair for the OP to embark on trial by social media before the retailer has had a fair chance to respond? This is unfortunately one of the unethical practices of the day - ambush by social media and as you say reputations tarnished and hung out to dry before a fair hearing.

- Is it fair for a retailer to offer a service (and terms of service including clarifying it/them) and not honour it? This also happens all the time, and again social media is employed to advertise, hype and attract custom. What happens after the money has changed hands?

- Why is the customer always right? Most often because the retailers livelihood depends on his/her reputation - even if this means eating shit.

Ouman - I would say go make a concerted and fair effort to sort this out 'man to man' (and you may well have a legitimate case). If after a fair attempt there is no reasonable agreement between the two of you then by all means squeal some more. But for now some radio silence would imho be the ethical position and help everyone.

Just my 2 cents from another ouman.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:49:36 am by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2018, 08:37:08 am »
The way I understood it:

- Tyre damaged and repaired
- Dealer repudiated the claim
- Customer phoned and tried to resolve the issue "man to man" without response or feedback from the dealer

As dealer it is all about how you handle issues like these. It was an opportunity for the dealer to quickly respond and handle the issue, either replace the tyre in full, partially or tell the customer that it will not happen and why not. It could have increased his reputation as a responsible caring dealer, who cares about his business and reputation. Clearly he failed dismillay

The damage to the dealers reputation in this instance is due to his own lack of response to the issue, and therefore in my mind he deserves what comes to him. To ignore a customer's complaints and not respond in any way, is never a good business decision, and indicative of  someone who does not care about his business or his reputation.