Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2018, 10:08:52 am »
"Please refer to policy wording for complete terms and conditions and exclusions"

I want to see the policy wording   :deal:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2018, 10:10:55 am »
OK EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION.

THE DEALER HAS JUST MADE CONTACT WITH ME AND I'M SURE EVERYTHING WILL BE SORTED OUT FAIRLY.

THANK YOU BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE

Maybe change the heading of the thread..
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline greggow

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2018, 12:02:56 pm »

THE DEALER HAS JUST MADE CONTACT WITH ME AND I'M SURE EVERYTHING WILL BE SORTED OUT FAIRLY.

Basically they are all knobs

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2018, 12:23:16 pm »

Why only after this????? The next guy might not make such an issue. Bad business.
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2018, 12:32:50 pm »
You assuming that the thread makes any difference to a business owner.. if the thread was in any way responsible then you would assume the business owner would be on here.

I think its very good business to stay away from opinionated people who draw conclusions with only half the facts, don't you agree?

I bought a product from a supplier on WD, the product was faulty, I sent them a mail, no reply, spoke to someone who worked there.. no real satisfaction, I could have gone the route of slandering them online but i did what the average person does, I went to see the owner, explained and he agreed to swap it out on the spot.. done deal. People who cry online only really get noticed by other people who cry online.. have you ever taken a Hello Peter complaint seriously? What cell phone contract do you have? go look at the complaints, did it change your opinion who to use?

Im pretty sure this could have been resolved the same way,

If the oke is sorting out the problem, the heading should change accordingly.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline armpump

« Reply #225 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:14 pm »
Harder when you live 400km away.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:04:34 pm by armpump »

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #226 on: April 13, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »
You assuming that the thread makes any difference to a business owner.. if the thread was in any way responsible then you would assume the business owner would be on here.

I think its very good business to stay away from opinionated people who draw conclusions with only half the facts, don't you agree?

I bought a product from a supplier on WD, the product was faulty, I sent them a mail, no reply, spoke to someone who worked there.. no real satisfaction, I could have gone the route of slandering them online but i did what the average person does, I went to see the owner, explained and he agreed to swap it out on the spot.. done deal. People who cry online only really get noticed by other people who cry online.. have you ever taken a Hello Peter complaint seriously? What cell phone contract do you have? go look at the complaints, did it change your opinion who to use?

Im pretty sure this could have been resolved the same way,

If the oke is sorting out the problem, the heading should change accordingly.

I for one, know and trust Japie Ouman and his judgement implicitly. However- losing a customer in Prieska is unfortunately not going to hurt Bike Tyre Warehouse.
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline armpump

« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2018, 02:06:26 pm »
wrong thread
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:07:06 pm by armpump »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #228 on: April 13, 2018, 02:11:50 pm »

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about. 
So why do you argue and debate while not having all the facts?

Common sense 101?  You cannot be serious.  In real life, just as in this thread, the OP tells his story.  That is what we react to.  How should we know the OP did not state all the facts?  How can we not accept that he dd?  We then say things, we make remarks, we ask questions.  He responds.  And so, the thread develops. 

I asked your earlier, you didn't respond.  Did you know all the facts before going for me, for reacting without all the facts, i.e. did you read every post I made in this thread in context?  I doubt that you did.  The interesting part is that, and this is also typical of forums, you and one other who insists on knowing all the facts, is not the OP, so technically buggeral to do with you.
I see that the OP now have a good outcome to this, good for him.

Yes common sense 101 - I am serious. My 1st post where I quoted you was to ask why argue if you don't have all the info, and I responded later to ask questions if 1+1 does not make 2 before arguing. You then took it that I attacked you, which in fact I did not ( I asked why then argue as you wrote it), but you jumped on your proverbial high horse and posted the above where again, as in so many of your posts in the past on this forum, making assumptions, and we know that assumptions are the mother of all fuck-ups, don't we? Well back to your horse, I will reign him in and make it stop as I can see you are not able to stop it.
You are 100% correct in that this is the internet - You asked me if I did have all the answers? No I did not, nothing more than what was posted initially. You have been a member of this forum for a long time and in how many cases have someone that did encounter a problem with a supplier stated ALL the facts from the beginning? I am sure you might have a clue to how much. So therein lie your answer and my comment to ask questions before being opinionated and arguing.
Oh and yes I read all the posts including yours.

You made 3 assumptions with regards to my posts on this thread and in all 3 you were wrong. Again - put brain in gear, think and then act.

Oh and by the way if the post of the OP has got bugger-all to do with me why are you having opinions on this thread? You don't have to answer just think first before acting.   :pot:

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Ouman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re:BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXX
« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2018, 03:11:40 pm »
OK EVERYONE! I'M WRITING THIS IN CAPITALS SO NOBODY CAN MISS THIS!

BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE CAME TO THE PARTY AND OFFERED TO REFUND ME THE WHOLE AMOUNT OF THE INVOICE - WHICH I NATURALLY DECLINED. SIMPLY BECAUSE THIS AMOUNT INCLUDES THE FRONT TYRE WHICH IS STILL 100% AND IN MY POSSESSION.

I FURTHERMORE OFFER TO ACCEPT 50% RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE USE OF THE REAR TYRE ALTHOUGH I'D ONLY DONE ABOUT 1400 KM ON IT. THEY ALSO OFFERED TO PAY ME OUT IN CASH, BUT I PROPOSED THAT I PAY IN THE DIFFERENCE AND GET A NEW KAROO 3 FROM THEM. ITS UP THE BTW NOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. I ALSO OFFERED TO WILLINGLY WAIVER ANY INSURANCE ON THE NEXT TYRE.

THE MAIN REASON WHY THE CLAIM WAS DENIED IN THE FIRST PLACE ID BECAUSE I ATTEMPTED TO FIX THE CUT. APPARENTLY THE STIPULATION IN THE EXCLUSIONS PART OF THE TERMS OF CONTRACT STATES THAT THE TYRE IS NOT COVERED IF A PUNCTURE IS REPAIRED INCORRECTLY.

NOW! I AGREE WITH THIS - TO A POINT AS THIS WAS NOT A NAIL I PICKED UP, BUT A 3 TO 4 CM CUT. THE WAY I SEE IT THE TYRE WAS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR AND BECAUSE I TRIED TO FIX IT I INDEMNIFIED THE POLICY.  iI SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE TYRE AS IT WAS AND SEND ONE IN OUR GROUP FORWARD T FIND A REPLACEMENT SOMEWHERE. BUT WHO WILL ARGUE THAT WAY WHEN YOU'RE STUCK WHERE WE WERE? I SUPPOSE THIS POINT COULD BE CARRIED ON ABOUT UNTIL WHENEVER.., BUT I THINK WE'VE EXHAUSTED THIS SUBJECT NOW. AS TO WHETHER THIS WHOLE COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED? SURE IT COULD HAVE! BUT I THINK BOTH THE DEALER AND I HAVE LEARNT LESSON OUT OF THIS. I FOR ONE WOULD HANDLE AN OFFERED INSURANCE DIFFERENTLY IN THE FUTURE.

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK BRUCE AND HIS TEAM FOR THEIR WILLINGNESS TO DO MORE THAN WHAT WAS REQUIRED I.E. PAY OUT THE WHOLE INVOICE. I APPRECIATE THIS, BUT IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR!

AND THIS WHOLE THIS FOR ME - AS I MAINTAINED THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION - WAS ABOUT FAIRNESS AND PRINCIPLE!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO USE BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE! I'M A FIRM BELIEVER THAT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE THEY WILL HAVE YOUR BACK!

I WOULD ALSO APPRECIATE IF THIS THREAD NOT SUPPORTED THAT MUCH ANYMORE. OPEN A NEW TREAD WHERE THE DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF A SIMILAR SCENARIO COULD BE DISCUSSED AT LENGTH.

I ALSO APPRECIATE ALL THE INPUT FROM EVERYONE. AFTER ALL - IF I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OWN OPINION THEN SO HAS THE NEXT GUY! I HOPE TO MEET MOST OF YOU SOMETIME ON DUSTY ROAD TO SOMEWHERE OR NOWHERE!

MAAK STOF!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:01:28 pm by Ouman »
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX
« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2018, 03:40:29 pm »
Glad this story had a happy ending!!   :thumleft:

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2018, 03:42:27 pm »
I still think in FAIRNESS the title should be PROPERLY amended.

"BEWARE" is alarmist (eg Beware of the Dog!)  Maybe just something like Problem with BTW Resolved.

I am glad, as I suspected, that Bruce would make good given a FAIR CHANCE.

I do love happy endings even if not in Thailand. >:D

:thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2018, 03:47:44 pm »
Glad this story had a happy ending!!   :thumleft:

Mooi so Ouman, op die ou end van die dag is dit al wat jy wou gehad het.  Baie goeie gebaar van Bruce ook, wel gedaan en bly als is nou afgehandel.   :thumleft:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline TheBear

« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2018, 03:53:56 pm »
Bly om te hoor dis gesorteer Ouman!   :thumleft:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:24:18 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Ouman

Re: BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »
I still think in FAIRNESS the title should be PROPERLY amended.

"BEWARE" is alarmist (eg Beware of the Dog!)  Maybe just something like Problem with BTW Resolved.

I am glad, as I suspected, that Bruce would make good given a FAIR CHANCE.

I do love happy endings even if not in Thailand. >:D

Good point Big Guy. Done!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:05:21 pm by Ouman »
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2018, 04:24:33 pm »
 Mooi.

"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2018, 04:37:57 pm »
K EVERYONE! I'M WRITING THIS IN CAPITALS SO NOBODY CAN MISS THIS!

BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE CAME TO THE PARTY AND OFFERED TO REFUND ME THE WHOLE AMOUNT OF THE INVOICE - WHICH I NATURALLY DECLINED. SIMPLY BECAUSE THIS AMOUNT INCLUDES THE FRONT TYRE WHICH IS STILL 100% AND IN MY POSSESSION.

I FURTHERMORE OFFER TO ACCEPT 50% RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE USE OF THE REAR TYRE ALTHOUGH I'D ONLY DONE ABOUT 1400 KM ON IT. THEY ALSO OFFERED TO PAY ME OUT IN CASH, BUT I PROPOSED THAT I PAY IN THE DIFFERENCE AND GET A NEW KAROO 3 FROM THEM. ITS UP THE BTW NOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. I ALSO OFFERED TO WILLINGLY WAIVER ANY INSURANCE ON THE NEXT TYRE.

THE MAIN REASON WHY THE CLAIM WAS DENIED IN THE FIRST PLACE ID BECAUSE I ATTEMPTED TO FIX THE CUT. APPARENTLY THE STIPULATION IN THE EXCLUSIONS PART OF THE TERMS OF CONTRACT STATES THAT THE TYRE IS NOT COVERED IF A PUNCTURE IS REPAIRED INCORRECTLY.

NOW! I AGREE WITH THIS - TO A POINT AS THIS WAS NOT A NAIL I PICKED UP, BUT A 3 TO 4 CM CUT. THE WAY I SEE IT THE TYRE WAS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR AND BECAUSE I TRIED TO FIX IT I INDEMNIFIED THE POLICY.  iI SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE TYRE AS IT WAS AND SEND ONE IN OUR GROUP FORWARD T FIND A REPLACEMENT SOMEWHERE. BUT WHO WILL ARGUE THAT WAY WHEN YOU'RE STUCK WHERE WE WERE? I SUPPOSE THIS POINT COULD BE CARRIED ON ABOUT UNTIL WHENEVER.., BUT I THINK WE'VE EXHAUSTED THIS SUBJECT NOW. AS TO WHETHER THIS WHOLE COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED? SURE IT COULD HAVE! BUT I THINK BOTH THE DEALER AND I HAVE LEARNT LESSON OUT OF THIS. I FOR ONE WOULD HANDLE AN OFFERED INSURANCE DIFFERENTLY IN THE FUTURE.

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK BRUCE AND HIS TEAM FOR THEIR WILLINGNESS TO DO MORE THAN WHAT WAS REQUIRED I.E. PAY OUT THE WHOLE INVOICE. I APPRECIATE THIS, BUT IT WOULD NOT BE FAIR!

AND THIS WHOLE THIS FOR ME - AS I MAINTAINED THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION - WAS ABOUT FAIRNESS AND PRINCIPLE!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO USE BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE! I'M A FIRM BELIEVER THAT WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE THEY WILL HAVE YOUR BACK!

I WOULD ALSO APPRECIATE IF THIS THREAD NOT SUPPORTED THAT MUCH ANYMORE. OPEN A NEW TREAD WHERE THE DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF A SIMILAR SCENARIO COULD BE DISCUSSED AT LENGTH.

I ALSO APPRECIATE ALL THE INPUT FROM EVERYONE. AFTER ALL - IF I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OWN OPINION THEN SO HAS THE NEXT GUY! I HOPE TO MEET MOST OF YOU SOMETIME ON DUSTY ROAD TO SOMEWHERE OR NOWHERE!

MAAK STOF!

Bliksem nou is my oŽ verrek!! :eek7: :lol8:
Bly als het goed verloop Ouman en jou bereidwilligheid om net die helfte te vat van wat geoffer word. Well done to Bruce. :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #237 on: April 13, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »
Hats off Ouman.

I commend you on your fairness. Glad all concerned are happy.

I was in the area at the time and if I had known would have come to assist if I could!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:50:07 pm by THROTTLE JOCKEY »
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
« Reply #238 on: April 13, 2018, 08:05:20 pm »
Ek verstaan nog steeds nie hoekom moet mens eers 'n sirkus moet maak van 'n swak diens klag alvorens geregtigheid geskied nie.
Dis asof dit deesdae die norm geword het.

Amper soos die seuntjie wat sy boetie moer sodat hy weer kan jammer sÍ en sy ouers trots op hom kan wees.

::)

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline TheBear

« Reply #239 on: April 13, 2018, 08:12:07 pm »
NOW! I AGREE WITH THIS - TO A POINT AS THIS WAS NOT A NAIL I PICKED UP, BUT A 3 TO 4 CM CUT. THE WAY I SEE IT THE TYRE WAS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR AND BECAUSE I TRIED TO FIX IT I INDEMNIFIED THE POLICY.  iI SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE TYRE AS IT WAS AND SEND ONE IN OUR GROUP FORWARD T FIND A REPLACEMENT SOMEWHERE.

Thanks for this bit of info.  It means if they give me the insurance free it is cool, but never pay for it as it is pretty much worthless for most bikers.  Most of us, when we get a puncture, will pull the repair kit out, fix it and continue onward.  The vast majority of us will also be alone when this happens. No one to send on to get another tyre. etc. 
#33 #BRADICAL!