Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2018, 01:04:07 pm »
I have not read through this entire post but thank you for the warning. I along with a mate were about to fit Karoo 3's to our bike's (2x GSA's) with them after seeing the special on Facebook. Wont be doing that now.

and there goes the business ...  :3some:

Yip, they did not think this through well. Doubt Japie could have used more than 30% of the tyres tread. That is what they would have had to pay him out. R600.00 ?

Bad business.

CORRECTION - They pay out the unused tread.
  Gerrard, I had something similar years ago on a car tyre, but it was the tyre suppliers guarantee “Continental or similar all road hazard guarantee” they credited me for the unused tread, but the whole calculation was based on the full RRP not on the discounted price I had paid, basically the price I paid was the same as the discounted price I would have paid anyway.  :deal:
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline armpump

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2018, 01:13:29 pm »
Social media is a double edge blade

If you going to use it.............. be very aware of the other side.

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2018, 01:19:39 pm »
Posted a link on their book face.

Can they see it if not a member?
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »
Always interesting to see the reaction to these complaints.

Bike Tyre Warehouse:  Growing toward a lynch mob.
KTM Cape Town:  Excuses for vendor galore.

Scratching my head here ....

Jip, only now some seem to have finally read the terms of the warranty and shout out their interpretation, which is wrong, in anyway.
Welch has got it spot on.
Still baffles me that the complainant simply hasn't picked up the phone and talked to the owner of the tyre business to see if there is a resolve for the issue, prior to him registering a complaint at the Consumers Protection Council ( which is a toothless institution in anyway )

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2018, 01:34:51 pm »

Jip, only now some seem to have finally read the terms of the warranty and shout out their interpretation, which is wrong, in anyway.
Still baffles me that the complainant simply hasn't picked up the phone and talked to the owner of the tyre business to see if there is a resolve for the issue, prior to him registering a complaint at the Consumers Protection Council ( which is a toothless institution in anyway )

Lets accept all of us forum lawyers are wrong (except Welsh) The cost to the company here would have been negligible and Japie would have come on here and lauded it if they just had honoured his claim. No hassle we pay.

Good business. With social media nowadays, that is what you should consider, not if you are right or wrong.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2018, 01:36:06 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Ouman, I will definitely no be using them.

Agree with some of the other persons here, Just bike and Tyre had so far only given me excellent service.

To me one of the advantages of a website like Wilddog, that we get warned of people doing dodgy business!

Offline armpump

Offline Gérrard

• Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 01:45:10 pm »

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 01:54:08 pm »

Agree with some of the other persons here, Just bike and Tyre had so far only given me excellent service.

To me one of the advantages of a website like Wilddog, that we get warned of people doing dodgy business!

Bike Tyre Warehouse have also got some excellent reviews on various forums, including this one.  It seems the owner or manager, Bruce, is a very reasonable person. 

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=199913.msg3689949#msg3689949

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=217389.msg4025373#msg4025373

Someone already mentioned, perhaps a call to the owner / manager before the internet?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:58:00 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 02:15:07 pm »

Lets accept all of us forum lawyers are wrong (except Welsh) The cost to the company here would have been negligible and Japie would have come on here and lauded it if they just had honoured his claim. No hassle we pay.

Good business. With social media nowadays, that is what you should consider, not if you are right or wrong.

Trial by social media is mostly skewed, as in most instances only half the facts are placed on the board of injustice.
I agree, nobody appreciates to be screwed over, but the isue remains - has Ouman really been screwed or does he think he has ?
Its just that I have a major peeve that nowadays every TD&H which think they have been screwed over, simply cannot attempt to resolve their issues in an adult manner, but run to social platforms and cry foul. There has been a couple of interesting court cases dealing with said issues, wherein the " victims " were punished with some serious orders.   

Offline Gérrard

• Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2018, 02:18:51 pm »

Trial by social media is mostly skewed, as in most instances only half the facts are placed on the board of injustice.
I agree, nobody appreciates to be screwed over, but the isue remains - has Ouman really been screwed or does he think he has ?
Its just that I have a major peeve that nowadays every TD&H which think they have been screwed over, simply cannot attempt to resolve their issues in an adult manner, but run to social platforms and cry foul. There has been a couple of interesting court cases dealing with said issues, wherein the " victims " were punished with some serious orders.

I agree, that's why I kept saying the debate is useless without knowing what was meant by 'irreparable' Seemed then they don't give one, which leaves it wide open.

Hence, open day.

Offline TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2018, 02:20:54 pm »

Yeah.  It is clear that Ouman feels that he has been done in and that is certainly his right.  How he choose to handle it is also 100% his choice.  I was just wondering, as I just saw a thread on another form and then checked here, that since BTW seem to have a very good reputation, if a call to the manager would not have resolved the issue.  It is, after all, not a huge amount on the table and as such, I am sure an astute manager would have sorted, no problem.

How it sually works is they measure the remaining thread.  Say the tyre is R2k and 50% left, they give you R1000 off a new tyre.  Their cost of the tyre is not R2k though, so at worst they are losing a few hundred bucks.  A small price to pay to have another happy customer posting on the internet, rather than the other way around. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:23:21 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2018, 02:31:37 pm »

Yeah.  It is clear that Ouman feels that he has been done in and that is certainly his right.  How he choose to handle it is also 100% his choice.  I was just wondering, as I just saw a thread on another form and then checked here, that since BTW seem to have a very good reputation, if a call to the manager would not have resolved the issue.  It is, after all, not a huge amount on the table and as such, I am sure an astute manager would have sorted, no problem.

How it sually works is they measure the remaining thread.  Say the tyre is R2k and 50% left, they give you R1000 off a new tyre.  Their cost of the tyre is not R2k though, so at worst they are losing a few hundred bucks.  A small price to pay to have another happy customer posting on the internet, rather than the other way around.

For sure - The owner of the business is Bruce de Kock and the tel. no. is 011 - 2050216
Bruce runs a very neat, well stocked shop and is very active in the promotion of all facets of motorcycling ( or biking  ;D )
Lets hope we can get to a proper solution.

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2018, 02:49:33 pm »

For sure - The owner of the business is Bruce de Kock and the tel. no. is 011 - 2050216
Bruce runs a very neat, well stocked shop and is very active in the promotion of all facets of motorcycling ( or biking  ;D )
Lets hope we can get to a proper solution.
I have spoken to Bruce and they will issuse a Statement shortly  :thumleft:

Offline Metiger

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2018, 02:56:29 pm »
Has BTW got back to Ouman ?

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2018, 03:20:53 pm »

Im seeing some people say Just Bike Tyre, as above, but the complaint is against Bike Tyre Warehouse

i think some people are getting confused, or is it just me.. maybe clarification before the wrong company gets kicked in the teeth.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2018, 03:33:28 pm »

Im seeing some people say Just Bike Tyre, as above, but the complaint is against Bike Tyre Warehouse

i think some people are getting confused, or is it just me.. maybe clarification before the wrong company gets kicked in the teeth.

To clarify, I will not be using Bike Tyre Warehouse, but Just Bike and Tyre. I have so far only received excellent service from Just Bike and Tyre, and will rather keep going to them

The following users thanked this post: Fuzzy Muzzy

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2018, 04:03:01 pm »

So the way I read what you are saying is. Shout the loudest even if you are wrong (not saying he is!) and the business owner who is also a person with many mouths to feed (read employees and family) must bow down and just pay. Why because the complainant shouted on social media.

Mmmmm if thats what you are saying I am not so sure I can agree with you.

IMHO right is right, wrong is wrong and the loudest person in a discussion is often wrong.

Sad day when volumne dictates morals
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:32:33 pm by THROTTLE JOCKEY »
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline Dirkie GS

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Met gees
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2018, 04:28:40 pm »

Just bike tyre all the way :thumleft:

Hope you get sorted
keep calm and trust in God

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2018, 06:07:04 pm »

Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!