TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I feel cheated! And when I do the sh*t is normally about to hit the fan!

The scenario is shortly that we planned this long trip over Easter and I needed tyres that would be suitable for both tar and gravel. After a lot of reading up  and chatting to people I decided on a set of brand new of Metzler Karoo 3's. I also decided to buy from Bike Tyre Warehouse in Midrand 'cuase they offer  "free" insurance which would cover "against any irreparable accidental damages to the insured tyres on your bike" And this is valid for 12 months.

So - low and behold - I get a puncture about 5 kilometers from the Tented Camp turn off! No spare tyre with me so what do I do? I suppose like anyone would in a situation like that I stuck enough "snotstokkies" in there to stop the leak.

Because I was not very confident that it would bring me back home I scavenged around Henk's rubble heap and came across a Karoo 3 thats had life 3 times over, But, beggars can't be choosers and I loaded it on the bike. My puncture repair was still holding out. It last all the way through the park and up Ganaka Pass. On the flat piece up to the Lodge it finally let go and now I could not get it fixed again. So I pumped it just enough to get me to the Lodge.

Begged a pair of homemade tyre levers from the owners and Aaklige Attie and Gingerball proceeded to rip the flat off and put the new old (or old new) Karoo on. Ask Enzo! Himand his crew was there! This saw me home e few days later without any further incident.

But!!! Why would I be worried? I'm insured after all!!

So, Saturday past I took the wheels off my bike and with the insured tyre I set of on the 400km journey to Bike Tyre Warehouse. They're mos going to to sort this for me chop chop! NOT!!!

Had to leave the damaged tyre there as an assessor could only see it on Monday - yesterday!

Today i get the response below:

Japie

The Insurance accessor had a look at the 170/60-16 Metzeler Karoo 3 Tyre..
He said that he cannot Cover as the Tyre was fitted with Puncture Plugs.
Insurance Cover does not cover for repairs done to the Tyre.

Sorry……

Thank you & kind regards

Liz de Kock
General Manager
Administration 

Batt Holdings SA
t:+27 11 205 0216
t:+27 11 05 00073
f:+27 11 31 27078
m: +27 82 564 53 35
www.battholdings.com
Follow Batt Holdings on       
Batt Tyres Trademark & Sole Distributors for Terache Race Tyres* Battech Race Products*STI Wheels USA*Rabaconda Tyre Changers EU*

WTF!!!!????? Carrying out a normal puncture repair in the middle of the Tankwa renders this policy null and void!!?? I say bullshit! This kite is not going to fly!

Wrote them a firm mail to tell them where I am with this.!!! But, it seems like I'm going to loose the battle!! I can see myself becoming great buddies with the guys at the Consumer Council. And its not the money! It is the principle!

After all this I guess what I'm trying so say is: DON"T BELIEVE WHAT PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU TO YOUR MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS!!!

Going to keep the Karoo 3 on the front and try one of those new Motoz in the rear!!

Ok! Klaar!

Status
Not open for further replies.