Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION - RESOLVED XXXXX  (Read 10834 times)

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
Re: BEWARE OF BIKE TYRE WAREHOUSE IN MIDRAND - MY OPINION
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2018, 01:10:50 pm »
Ek verstaan jou frustrasie maar ek verwag niks meer van 'n band winkel anders as om aan my bande te verskaf en hulle op te sit nie. Die res is die risiko wat ek self neem. Ek sit al bande op by Just Bike Tyre vir amper 'n dekade maar hulle pryse ruk bietjie die hoender deesdae
Hulle sorg nog altyd baie mooi vir my, stuur selfs die bande Kaap toe, sal maar sukkel om van hulle af weg te gaan. Knomore is n super ou en sy diens aan my oor die jare was nog altyd uitstekend.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline >Herman<

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2018, 01:15:49 pm »
You funny man - Especially as you buying from Mr Batt tyres 😂 Mitas as good as anything else out there.

:laughing4: :thumleft:

Offline Kelevra

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:11 pm »
This is exactly the kind of disasters that happen if you take you road bike "off-road"  ??? 
Previous:
Suzuki DR 600 KTM 640 ADV  KTM 530 XCRW KTM 530 EXC Ducati 748 Ducati 1098
Current:
Honda XR 200R KTM 690 KTM 990 ADV R

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:44 pm »
Ek verstaan jou frustrasie maar ek verwag niks meer van 'n band winkel anders as om aan my bande te verskaf en hulle op te sit nie. Die res is die risiko wat ek self neem. Ek sit al bande op by Just Bike Tyre vir amper 'n dekade maar hulle pryse ruk bietjie die hoender deesdae
Hulle sorg nog altyd baie mooi vir my, stuur selfs die bande Kaap toe, sal maar sukkel om van hulle af weg te gaan. Knomore is n super ou en sy diens aan my oor die jare was nog altyd uitstekend.

Daarmee stry ek nie  :thumleft:

Die laaste twee stelle bande was net bietjie duur veral op Mitas
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Aaklige Attie

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2018, 01:46:09 pm »
Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about.  In this case, the post from the OP.  He made no mention of numerous phone calls or Kyalami being more important than his customer, so obviously any of our replies will not include that as part of the discussion.  Every single one of us are raising an opinion without having the facts.  This is true for those who agree with the OP, those who differ and more importantly those promising to keep their business away from the provider. 

The OP placed his story on an open forum.  He chose what info to share and what not, knowing that there will be reaction, both positive and negative to his case and that said reactions would be based on the info he chose to share.    Again, it is how a forum works.

The fact still remains that if you do not know for a fact then one does not make the assumption, then rather ask the question. Every body is allowed their opinion that is so and as you said this is a public forum it just get to me that it is always a certain few that would like to raise opinions without having all the facts and rather than obtaining the real facts they rather assume and as you said maybe at fault of the OP for not disclosing all the facts before hand.

i think you are expecting a bit much from a forum and how a forum operates.  In fact, you are making similar assumptions right here, just like all of us do as often as we all do.

Maybe I am expecting a bit much as you say I mean what is common decency and we are after all only humans, but as to making assumtions I am not making any!! Am I stirring the pot maybe only so slightly :pot:

I was wondering about pot stirring, but refused to make such an assumption and share an opinion on it as I do not have the facts.   :lol8:
:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2018, 01:51:44 pm »
This is exactly the kind of disasters that happen if you take you road bike "off-road"  ???

Thats kak funny  :imaposer:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline armpump

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2018, 02:40:09 pm »

For sure - The owner of the business is Bruce de Kock and the tel. no. is 011 - 2050216
Bruce runs a very neat, well stocked shop and is very active in the promotion of all facets of motorcycling ( or biking  ;D )
Lets hope we can get to a proper solution.
I have spoken to Bruce and they will issuse a Statement shortly  :thumleft:

@bronzy  Did I miss the statement?

+1

Offline Ouman

« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2018, 02:45:00 pm »

For sure - The owner of the business is Bruce de Kock and the tel. no. is 011 - 2050216
Bruce runs a very neat, well stocked shop and is very active in the promotion of all facets of motorcycling ( or biking  ;D )
Lets hope we can get to a proper solution.
I have spoken to Bruce and they will issuse a Statement shortly  :thumleft:

Also still waiting! For even just a phone call!

@bronzy  Did I miss the statement?

+1
The more bugs in the  teeth....the happier I get!!!!!

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2018, 02:59:40 pm »
Nee vrek Ouman, ek los jou en Attie alleen vir n week en nou wil julle net warm ore uitdeel links en regs.

Het jou mos gewaarsku daai dikkerige Karoo antie wat jy by Tankwa Padstal opgelaai opgetel het gaan jou suspensie buig.

:peepwall:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:00:57 pm by Gingerball »
Time for an Adventure

Offline Ouman

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2018, 03:13:55 pm »
Nee vrek Ouman, ek los jou en Attie alleen vir n week en nou wil julle net warm ore uitdeel links en regs.

Het jou mos gewaarsku daai dikkerige Karoo antie wat jy by Tankwa Padstal opgelaai opgetel het gaan jou suspensie buig.

Nee Gemmerbal! Jyt misgekyk! Ekt die dikke vir jou opgelaain! Moet se! Die lang dunnetjie was nie te sleg nie! Het dit oorweeg!!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2018, 03:26:23 pm »

Nee Gemmerbal! Jyt misgekyk! Ekt die dikke vir jou opgelaain! Moet se! Die lang dunnetjie was nie te sleg nie! Het dit oorweeg!!

Seker haar toonnael wat die tyre gesny het.

Thats kak funny  :imaposer:

But he didn't indicate whether he meant off-road, or off-tar!   :patch:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:27:35 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2018, 03:33:18 pm »

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about. 
So why do you argue and debate while not having all the facts?

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2018, 03:39:48 pm »

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about. 

Well, perhaps for the same reason you just asked this question without having all the facts of my discussion with Attie.   :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

By the way, just a quick and easy question for the "you are only allowed and opinion and argue, or debate if you have all the facts".  Please explain to me how one would know whether you have all the facts or not?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:41:11 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2018, 03:45:51 pm »

Well, perhaps for the same reason you just asked this question without having all the facts of my discussion with Attie.   :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

By the way, just a quick and easy question for the "you are only allowed and opinion and argue, or debate if you have all the facts".  Please explain to me how one would know whether you have all the facts or not?

Its the internet. Since when do you spoil a good story with the facts.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2018, 03:51:39 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its the internet. Since when do you spoil a good story with the facts.
[/quote]

... and if you have in tenet you are meant top have all the facts, come on  :biggrin:

The main thing to remember OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES, WE ALL HAVE ONE.  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »

Just ask for the information.
But sooooo many times the debaters opinionators and arguers and the WD lynch mop gone out guns blazing on the little info that was posted, just to be reeled in when all the info was known.

When you enter into a race you only go when you get the signal, not when you want to.

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Sheepman

« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2018, 04:18:55 pm »
Sheepman it sure does look lke you like to raise your opinion without having the facts! I know for a fact that Japie tried numerous times to contact Bruce but being at Kyalami had more importance than the complaints of his customer . So please do us a favour and get your facts in order be for making assumptions cause you know what they say!

Thing is Attie, that is how a forum works.  We all, except you, do not have the inside info.  We can only react, wonder, discuss, debate, argue what we know about.  In this case, the post from the OP.  He made no mention of numerous phone calls or Kyalami being more important than his customer, so obviously any of our replies will not include that as part of the discussion.  Every single one of us are raising an opinion without having the facts.  This is true for those who agree with the OP, those who differ and more importantly those promising to keep their business away from the provider. 

The OP placed his story on an open forum.  He chose what info to share and what not, knowing that there will be reaction, both positive and negative to his case and that said reactions would be based on the info he chose to share.    Again, it is how a forum works.

The fact still remains that if you do not know for a fact then one does not make the assumption, then rather ask the question. Every body is allowed their opinion that is so and as you said this is a public forum it just get to me that it is always a certain few that would like to raise opinions without having all the facts and rather than obtaining the real facts they rather assume and as you said maybe at fault of the OP for not disclosing all the facts before hand.

i think you are expecting a bit much from a forum and how a forum operates.  In fact, you are making similar assumptions right here, just like all of us do as often as we all do.

Maybe I am expecting a bit much as you say I mean what is common decency and we are after all only humans, but as to making assumtions I am not making any!! Am I stirring the pot maybe only so slightly :pot:

Relax ou Attie, your drum roll has been heard, faintly so and people explained very nicely how forums work - Nobody said Ouman was right or wrong or BTW was right or wrong ( sorry, a few did actually ), but point remains, there is one side of the story and one side only on the roll currently .People even suggested ways and means to a possible resolution.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2018, 04:21:39 pm »

Just ask for the information.
But sooooo many times the debaters opinionators and arguers and the WD lynch mop gone out guns blazing on the little info that was posted, just to be reeled in when all the info was known.

When you enter into a race you only go when you get the signal, not when you want to.

How would you know to ask for the information, since you do not know that you do not have all the information? 
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Ouman

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2018, 04:28:09 pm »
Slow down kids! look at the heading of the her fred! MY OPINION! And it will remain that way! I still feel cheated! Might be silly, but at this point I'm sure I'm being screwed.

Nearly a week later! And Nothing! But, tomorrow the shits going to fly! I can feel it in my hair!

Oh Shit! Forgot! I don't have any. But I still feel it!!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2018, 04:36:56 pm »
Slow down kids! look at the heading of the her fred! MY OPINION! And it will remain that way! I still feel cheated! Might be silly, but at this point I'm sure I'm being screwed.

Nearly a week later! And Nothing! But, tomorrow the shits going to fly! I can feel it in my hair!

Oh Shit! Forgot! I don't have any. But I still feel it!!

You telling a bunch of bikers to slow down!?   :lol8:

I doubt anyone, I certainly don't have any issue whatsoever with your opinion and I can also understand your frustration as I have also been there.  My only point initially was, that I felt a call to the owner would have been a good idea.  You have cleared that up as you responded that you did call, without any response.  That is that for me.  :thumleft:

Thing is, typical forum, Person A and Person Z have a bit of a discussion and that discussion is over and done with amicably.  Then, hours, sometimes even days later, Person 1 pops in and believes he should have his say on the initial discussion between A and Z.   He does not have the full context, nor the correct facts, yet he wants to preach facts.  No biggie.  Just typical forum culture.     :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!