Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: how to link mapsource/basecamp and google earth or how to transfer data between  (Read 304 times)

Offline MRK Miller

Good day to all
I want to know if i have route's on mapsource/basecamp how can i transfer it google earth. i know how to go from google earth to basecamp/ mapsource but not the other way around
Thank you in advance
Op God vertrou ons vir wysheid om Sy wil te aanvaar

Offline Twister

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • CRF1000, KTM950SE, KTM300EXC
    • View Profile
In the older versions of Basecamp you used to be able to view > Google earth but for some reason the link is not working in the newer versions.

File > export selection  -   save the GPX  KML

Google earth  - File > import - select file

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:49:30 am by Twister »

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • View Profile
    • Majita Tool Supplies
OK - What have I missed?
Saved the GPX file - imported & ticked the "Creat KMLLine Strings" box (otherwise there is nothing displayed on Google earth), but it only shows the waypoints and the direct line between them, not the route i plotted on BaseCamp?
Am I being doff??  :o
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
    • View Profile
If you use KML as a file format (export -> import) then it includes the route as well.  Depending on how complex the route is, it may moan that you have more than 10000 points though.
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • View Profile
    • Majita Tool Supplies
Awesome - Thanks IDR - appreciated.
Worked as a kml perfectly.
Next is to do the reverse and get it onto the Zumo - so plan in GE and export to the ZUMO
I will work on that his weekend I think!!
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
    • View Profile
Awesome - Thanks IDR - appreciated.
Worked as a kml perfectly.
Next is to do the reverse and get it onto the Zumo - so plan in GE and export to the ZUMO
I will work on that his weekend I think!!

You can export from GE and import into Basecamp using KML as well :thumleft:
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.