Traction control problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have a mind boggling problem with my bike and I really want to get it sorted before we leave for the EC Bash next month.

This last weekend I changed all oils, gearbox, diff and engine. Reassembled everything and had a small issue with the ABS Sensor on Monday morning, seems I didnt seat it properly and on my way to work the cash looked like a christmas tree with warning triangles and ABS lights on permanently.

So I reseated the sensor that afternoon. the screw holding it in was stripped, added some Loctite and all is good.

Yesterday, on way to work all is good BUT, traction control keeps kicking in intermitently when I open up the throttle, I could be doing 120 and give it a little bit of gas and it kicks in triangle flashes and I feel the jerks.
Get home, strip it out, make sure sensor looks ok, the o Ring looks like it could use replacing but no oil is leaking. Found another screw to replace the stripped ABS Sensor screw and it sits nice and snug.
This morning, Traction Control still kicks in every now and again, seems to be less but still does it. Seems to get worse the hotter the oil gets.

HELP please, anyone with advice??

[member=3712]Jughead[/member]  :eek7:

PS: This is the oil I used for the Diff

4420_1378821282647_ctx-1__54020.1447474862.451.416.jpg