Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in New Zealand - The move has been made...  (Read 51304 times)

Offline windswept

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Life in New Zealand - The move has been made...
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2018, 09:14:50 am »
Neat job. :thumleft:

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #341 on: November 25, 2018, 09:23:57 am »
In Japan you only own a car for 5 years.
Thereafter it must be scrapped, exported or parted out for export.
That's how ZA gets great deals on used V8 engines, etc.

New Zealanders buy whole used cars from Japan by the shipload.
Oz does the same, which is why their motor industry has collapsed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:24:47 am by Fudmucker »
HEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #342 on: November 25, 2018, 08:37:41 pm »
In Japan you only own a car for 5 years.
Thereafter it must be scrapped, exported or parted out for export.
That's how ZA gets great deals on used V8 engines, etc.

New Zealanders buy whole used cars from Japan by the shipload.
Oz does the same, which is why their motor industry has collapsed.

Yip....new cars here are expensive, and you dont see a lot of them on the roads either.

Allowing second hand importing does hurt but I dont believe there is any manufacturing plants in NZ - island is only so big you know  :imaposer:

Offline silvrav

« Reply #343 on: November 25, 2018, 08:41:07 pm »
Proper WTF moment this morning.

As I am waiting at the train station the train starts slowly rolling in... bit slower then normal but it was raining quite heavily so safety?

Anyway, I get a good look at the train operator and its a 20something lady with long blonde hair...  :eek7: ...and nogal pleasant on the eyes too. Shows you, when color or race is not a factor you really can become anything you want.

unfortunately, my jaws were nearly on the floor so no time to get my phone out for a pic.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2018, 01:55:41 am »
Big job on the stereo man... would it not have been easier to just learn Japanese?  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Your train driver... my mailman lady  :drif: :drif: :drif:  she's a HOTTIE man  :ricky:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2018, 02:01:29 am »
Big job on the stereo man... would it not have been easier to just learn Japanese?  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Your train driver... my mailman lady  :drif: :drif: :drif:  she's a HOTTIE man  :ricky:

mmm, mail lady - she must not have any issues with dogs  :biggrin:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2018, 02:07:28 am »

Woof woof ekse  >:D  :ricky:

Hey, it's already Monday morning for you, get back to work man!  :deal:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2018, 02:29:36 am »

Hey, it's already Monday morning for you, get back to work man!  :deal:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Make it afternoon, just gone 13H30 here and people on lunch.

People are mos not afraid to take lunch and not work overtime  :o Still something I need to get use to

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2018, 02:33:44 am »

People are mos not afraid to take lunch and not work overtime  :o Still something I need to get use to

So if my basic Std 3 maths is correct, that makes the time difference 18 hours!  :eek7:

Bliksem, you ARE in the future man!  :imaposer:   Get me the winning Lotto numbers and email them to me before the draw takes place here, we can get RICH!  :lol8:

Offline silvrav

« Reply #349 on: November 26, 2018, 02:41:25 am »

So if my basic Std 3 maths is correct, that makes the time difference 18 hours!  :eek7:

Bliksem, you ARE in the future man!  :imaposer:   Get me the winning Lotto numbers and email them to me before the draw takes place here, we can get RICH!  :lol8:

your std3 maths doesnt fail you  :thumleft:

Time zone in Tallahassee, FL, USA (GMT-5)
Time zone in Wellington (GMT+13)

So 18hours indeed, with winter it will 17hours when we move back to +12

We just need to the lotto guys to play ball  :imaposer:

Offline Christian Kuun

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Wynkop Kuun- Onder die Wyntenk in Stellies
    • My Web Album
« Reply #350 on: November 26, 2018, 08:54:14 am »
Anyway, I get a good look at the train operator and its a 20something lady with long blonde hair...  :eek7: ...and nogal pleasant on the eyes too. Shows you, when color or race is not a factor you really can become anything you want.

unfortunately, my jaws were nearly on the floor so no time to get my phone out for a pic.

Bud, I never thought the day would come where I use the words "construction worker" and "hot" in the same sentence but... Saw the prettiest little ladies labouring away on the new highway on South Island
Mampoer could solve all Africa's problems....

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #351 on: November 26, 2018, 10:04:27 am »
Emigration is now sounding a lot more appealing
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #352 on: November 26, 2018, 11:02:21 am »
Emigration is now sounding a lot more appealing

Yes but only on a Wednesday usually  :biggrin: Some years the summer is on a Thursday  :lamer:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2018, 11:11:39 am »

As I am waiting at the train station the train starts slowly rolling in... bit slower then normal but it was raining quite heavily so safety?

haha, there is a blonde bus driver in my area.... never have I wanted to get on the bus Gus like when I see her as the driver.

And she knows how to handle big machinery, match made in heaven.
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #354 on: November 26, 2018, 08:42:16 pm »
The bus (route) I use the most is mostly driven by old gentlemen or ladies. No sexy dingetjies yet.

But here in our area are plenty of hottie bobcat, digger and truck drivers. Also in construction.

A kid can become whatever he or she wish to become here.  :thumleft:

Gewoontlik n@@i ek reguit aan op fyndraai.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #355 on: November 26, 2018, 08:47:42 pm »
Had a long chat with the misses last night....woke up a bit low today as we both realized we going to be apart for our anniversary, Christmas, new year and most likely valentines as well.

But we both understand the sacrifices we have to make and besides I got take alot and netflorist that can still deliver  :biggrin:

I filled the car recently so here is a comparison for you guys back in SA - note the petrol price has gone up by 25% since 2017, so dont worry SA is not the only country feeling the pinch  :deal:  goverment is also starting looking at ways to cap the petrol price but at the same time also encourage people to use public transport.

Wellington city council, at the start of 2019, is focusing on a big drive to get up new bus routes, more train routes and start construction of new combined cycle routes of 150km! Cyclist and walkers have increased by 5-10% from 2017 as congestion is becoming an issue. Wellington is very much like cape town, there are only 2 routes out of the greater Wellington area heading north.

Then black Friday here is a bit better than that of SA...I manage to fit out 50% of the house at 70% sales - it's not the greatest quality like we had in SA but it will have to do for now - that I am sure the wife will come to redecorate when she comes over  :imaposer:

Spotted this cow sitting still  O0

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:50:00 pm by silvrav »

Offline silvrav

« Reply #356 on: November 26, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »

Bud, I never thought the day would come where I use the words "construction worker" and "hot" in the same sentence but... Saw the prettiest little ladies labouring away on the new highway on South Island

:imaposer:

The bus (route) I use the most is mostly driven by old gentlemen or ladies. No sexy dingetjies yet.

But here in our area are plenty of hottie bobcat, digger and truck drivers. Also in construction.

A kid can become whatever he or she wish to become here.  :thumleft:

Nice! think I must come visit to inspect...uhm, these construction sites to make sure they safe

haha, there is a blonde bus driver in my area.... never have I wanted to get on the bus Gus like when I see her as the driver.

And she knows how to handle big machinery, match made in heaven.

Its refreshing to say the least!

Offline kfc4unme

« Reply #357 on: November 26, 2018, 09:07:40 pm »
I've been reading your thread with interest. I would like to move to Wellington one day. Busy getting my ducks in a row.

Thought you might find this interesting - http://powerbandpodcast.podbean.com - its a kiwi prodcast I've been listening to. They mentioned the very high reg fees, but apparently you can get quality training for next to nothing as the government subsidies it. Something like a 300 dollar course would cost about 30 dollars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline desert dueler

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #358 on: November 28, 2018, 07:46:42 am »
Iíve just moved to Auckland, arrived on the 30 August. Wife and kids came over a month ago. Came over as a welder got my visa in 3weekd after I applied for it.
Itís amazing over here. Gas braaiís on the beach provided by the council. WiFi on the beach.
Havenít managed to get a bike yet but that will come next year.
Oh and my front and back foot is glass and no security gate, wife couldnít sleep the first night  :imaposer:

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #359 on: November 28, 2018, 12:35:11 pm »
Iíve just moved to Auckland, arrived on the 30 August. Wife and kids came over a month ago. Came over as a welder got my visa in 3weekd after I applied for it.
Itís amazing over here. Gas braaiís on the beach provided by the council. WiFi on the beach.
Havenít managed to get a bike yet but that will come next year.
Oh and my front and back foot door is glass and no security gate, wife couldnít sleep the first night  :imaposer:

Fixed?
HEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.