Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in New Zealand - The move has been made...  (Read 67790 times)

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Re: Life in New Zealand - The move has been made...
« Reply #480 on: January 27, 2019, 08:03:04 am »
Mowing like that is playing not working :ricky:
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #481 on: January 27, 2019, 08:27:03 pm »
Those things can be programmed to mow by themselves using GPS coordinates.
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #482 on: January 27, 2019, 10:07:23 pm »
Those things can be programmed to mow by themselves using GPS coordinates.

I have seen guys using similar mowers over here on the side of the highways. Especially where there are steep slopes and stuff...  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2019, 10:06:27 pm »
Happy, sad, excited....another emotional week.

6weeks to go before the family arrives  :thumleft:

Also now that I can be certain that orders from banggood and those places will arrive and within a week I can get up to all kind of things :)
Seeing that I also have to replace most things this side I can do it step by step and with things that can be smart  :deal:

I have ordered some smart wifi switches from banggood and started playing with automating items in the house. Now if i tell Alexa I am going to bed, she will switch of the TV and the lounge lamp, switch on the bedroom lamps and keep the passage light on for 1 min.

I am also automating the garage door and will be building a custom doorbell for announcing when people arrive.

It keeps me busy while the wife is away.

Then @Mr Zog is also assisting me by shipping some stuff for me from the US that was on special but only available in the states. Helps to have a friend in the states  :thumleft:

Gary whatsapp this to me  :ricky:

Toys that arrived from banggood

Offline silvrav

« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2019, 10:09:17 pm »
But unfortunately, there is sad news as well. Our one pug wouldn't make the journey and its a risk we rather not take.  :'( The wife is adamant to bring the younger female, Lilly one with so we have to rehome the older male, Yoda. It's heartbreaking and I wish I was in SA to support the family as I know already the tears that will flow when he is taken.

Then Lilly also has to spend 4 weeks in pet paws resort in SA and she can fly to Auckland on the 14 April, then its another 10 days in quarantine in Auckland. It's going to severely sadden my wife. Lilly is almost a support animal for her and very attached  :'(

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:10:03 pm by silvrav »

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2019, 01:53:08 am »
It's terrible that Yoda can't make the trip  :'(

Is his health too bad?

Your Echo Dots shipped this morning, will be there in 6 - 10 working days according to the lady at the USPS  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2019, 02:28:39 am »
It's terrible that Yoda can't make the trip  :'(

Is his health too bad?

Your Echo Dots shipped this morning, will be there in 6 - 10 working days according to the lady at the USPS  :thumleft:

More his age and the stress related - we fear what it would do to him. Lilly is more independent doggie and couldn't give a rats ass if a bomb goes of next to her

aa thanks Gary  :thumleft: :thumleft: Much appreciate it bud!

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2019, 03:01:37 am »
I'm so sorry about Yoda... but at least you will still have Lilly. And hopefully you can re-home Yoda with someone awesome who will keep in touch and let you know how he's doing.

Re: you telling Alexa to do stuff... I can't even...

Last week I tried to set an afternoon reminder on my Google phone for 2 pm. After three tries, OK Google Girl (whatever her name is) says, "ok, I will remind you at 2 pm."

2 pm came and went. Nothing. Completely missed my deadline. Finally, around 10 pm, I get pinged and she says, "tell me how your day went." SERIOUSLY?  :BangHead:

Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline silvrav

« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2019, 03:17:13 am »
I'm so sorry about Yoda... but at least you will still have Lilly. And hopefully you can re-home Yoda with someone awesome who will keep in touch and let you know how he's doing.

Re: you telling Alexa to do stuff... I can't even...

Last week I tried to set an afternoon reminder on my Google phone for 2 pm. After three tries, OK Google Girl (whatever her name is) says, "ok, I will remind you at 2 pm."

2 pm came and went. Nothing. Completely missed my deadline. Finally, around 10 pm, I get pinged and she says, "tell me how your day went." SERIOUSLY?  :BangHead:

:lol8: Yes it is stressful! One thing I learned is reminders does jack - its a small pop up if you lucky on your phone screen. Ask this google girl to rather set an alarm for you...or just ask Mrz Zog to remind....  :peepwall:

Offline Sardine

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • I am not a dude.
    • The Flying Fish
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2019, 08:27:33 am »
Sorry to hear about Yoda. It's always tough saying good bye to a furkid.
I'm sure you will find him a loving home :)

As for automating everything, ja nee. I have only just figured out Siri, and like Mrs. Zog and Alexa, we don't get along so well. I'd rather just get up and switch stuff off myself  :lol8:
That being said, Siri did come in handy yesterday when I was baking and had to set timers but my hands were full of flour.

Thank you for the updates.
This time last year I was in New Zealand and I miss it a lot.

Offline Ross Riddle

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2019, 10:21:44 am »
Hi,

Sorry to hear about Yoda and I sure that the reunion with Lilly will be epic!.

We are ( wifey and myself) looking at our options and are looking at NZ as a possible.
If possible please could you advise on whom you dealt with regarding your CV and Cover Letter revising as it would loike to touch base.

All the best and hang in there till teh family arrives :thumleft:
EVO 50X, Honda Racing replica Pocket bike, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W, 2016 Husky 450 FE Rally Conversion

Offline gee

« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2019, 10:25:58 am »
sorry to hear about yoda what is happening to him

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
    • Harleyparts Online
« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2019, 03:15:16 pm »
A really tough decision to make.
Surely it would be better for both dogs to stay together & be re-homed  as a pair/couple here in SA?.
Twice as heartbreaking for the family but half as stressful for the dogs.

my 2c
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991
http://www.harleyparts.online/ds/

Offline Knucklhead

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • aka: Mooseknuckle/ knucky/knuckles/philistine
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2019, 04:03:54 pm »
But unfortunately, there is sad news as well. Our one pug wouldn't make the journey and its a risk we rather not take.  :'( The wife is adamant to bring the younger female, Lilly one with so we have to rehome the older male, Yoda. It's heartbreaking and I wish I was in SA to support the family as I know already the tears that will flow when he is taken.

Then Lilly also has to spend 4 weeks in pet paws resort in SA and she can fly to Auckland on the 14 April, then its another 10 days in quarantine in Auckland. It's going to severely sadden my wife. Lilly is almost a support animal for her and very attached  :'(

not to sound too harsh but is it not worth it to take a chance , whats the risk 50/50 or .... :'(

Offline silvrav

« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2019, 08:14:10 pm »
At this point we trying to rehome yoda - Belief this to be the best option.  :'(

@Knucklhead not harsh at all, We have thought about it but if something happens my wife will never ever recover from making that decision.

@Ross Riddle I use Lemonade services - https://www.lemonaide.nz/

Lorren is also a saffer and her services are top class - not the cheapest but worth it  :thumleft:

The following users thanked this post: Ross Riddle

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2019, 09:56:20 pm »
How old is Yoda?

Also, our two, Maggie and Sammy, are very similar in temperament to Yoda and Lilly I think. Sammy is very clingy and needy, he is a sensitive soul. Maggie is as robust as they come. Nothing fazes her much. I know that Sammy is incredibly attached to Maggie, even though he is almost three times her size. But we've seen over and over again, no matter what the situation, and no matter how fearful Sammy is, as long as he is with Maggie he is 100% fine, she's his calm in the chaos.

Consider maybe the same thing... maybe Yoda will be absolutely fine traveling with Lilly. Maybe he would be worse off separating him and Lilly than go through some upheaval and travel.

Just my two cents. I'd love to see everyone stay together.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:56:52 pm by Mrs. Zog »
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2019, 09:57:33 pm »
How old is Yoda?

Also, our two, Maggie and Sammy, are very similar in temperament to Yoda and Lilly I think. Sammy is very clingy and needy, he is a sensitive soul. Maggie is as robust as they come. Nothing fazes her much. I know that Sammy is incredibly attached to Maggie, even though he is almost three times her size. But we've seen over and over again, no matter what the situation, and no matter how fearful Sammy is, as long as he is with Maggie he is 100% fine, she's his calm in the chaos.

Consider maybe the same thing... maybe Yoda will be absolutely fine traveling with Lilly. Maybe he would be worse off separating him and Lilly than go through some upheaval and travel with Lilly to lean on.

Just my two cents. I'd love to see everyone stay together.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »
Sorry, double posted. Not sure what happened, was trying to modify.  >:(

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #498 on: January 30, 2019, 07:10:05 am »
You Quoted instead of Modify.
Been there.
Just delete in future.
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #499 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:54 am »
Sy gesigs uitdrukking sÍ " ek gan fokken saam"!!! :deal: ;) :lol8:
Hy sal fine wees solank hy saam met sy maatjie is. :thumleft:

MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za