SOUTH COAST BIKE FEST ( TRIP REPORT )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
As I mentioned on another tread we went to the bike fest , Our plan was to ride down via Lesotho , but one of the  travelers Passport was expired so plan B was hatched , Still go to Clarence for breakfast then Golden-gate parl , Oliviershoek pass , Bergville  , then  via Lower Lotheni to Himeville for our pit-stop . Once we reached Winterton we did a check on the route and it would take Another 4 hours so we headed down the N3 to Howick and then to Himeville . Slept at the hotel . bit overpriced for what on offer , place is an old dump. but that my view .
I have in all my travels never experianced traffic like we did on friday morning , seems all of Gauteng was on it way to the Coast . at Villiers toll gate  the traffic was backed up to the One Stop . craze , we turned off the N3 and headed to Frankfort  -  Clarence .
On Saturday morning we rode back to Bulwer and then turned off to Ixotpo , nice windy road , surface is good , but once does get big speed humps near schools and vilages . ended up near Park Ryani , on to the N2 and headed for Margate . Arrived at our destination , unpacked and went for lunch and a drink .
On Sunday we attended the Bike fest , lots of coll bikes and people, My Friend neede to replace his chain and was lucky that they had a workshop going at the fest , new chain fitted , we took a ride down to Pistol saloon for lunch . place was well supported by the bikers  :sip: ;D
On MONDAY we decided to pack up and ride home , long way home , up the N2 to Kokstad , then to Underberg , N2 is just a awesome piece of road , sport-bike heaven  :lol8: . Once in Underberg ready for lunch we found out they had no power , so we once again had to change our plans , back to Howic  , on to N3 , big backlog and traffic jam At Mooiriver dew to unrest , but with the bikes we made it a easy pass . then back past Winterton , Bergville  to  Clarence , Stayed over  and rode home yesterday .
Great time was had by all , we rode safe , had a great time and the gears are turning  to plan the next trip . Want to ride  down to Sani pass in Lesotho then  Underberg to Matatiele , up to Quaggasnek and then to Maseru and back . so busy with the maps to plan the route .