Saving routes on Zumo 595 vs Zumo 550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicobie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I just bought a Zumo 595 and see that the GPS does not have a seperate sd card like the zumo 550.

For years now I saved my routes on the sd card, and after the trip I delete the routes from the sd card, sommer via Basecamp and/or the gps itself.

When I bought the 550 years ago I was told not to save my routes in the internal memory as it would somehow class with the maps, and when I then delete the routes I would delete the standard maps as well. Maybe they told me that because of a memory problem.

I guess the only way now on the 595 is to save the routes in the internal memory.

My question is thus, how do I "see" (basecamp) the routes on the internal memory, or must I create a new subfolder where I then save them ?

If a new subfolder is created, how would the gps read my routes, where will it look for it ?

I must also mention that I have not switched it on, maybe the answer is there ??? hahaha.

Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.