BMW GS Challenge or Trophy or whatever it's called this week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So I am building in Montagu at the moment.

Usually it's a quiet town with the odd Harley Davidson posse dripping oil and looking ridiculous from one coffee shop to the next.

But since Monday you can't look out of your front door without a boxer engine taking your head off. The road from Ashton has recently been rebuilt and made wider, and now I understand why.

But the thing that amazes me is that I have not seen one rider doing the meerkat.
Astonishing. Everywhere I drive the last three days I look for a guy standing on his bike so I can laugh my ass off, but I have not see one.
Not one.

Now call me old fashioned, but when I see a gaggle of GS's I usually take out my dentures and grab a Kleenex t because I know its only a matter of time before someone suffers a spontaneous attack of rigor mortis and jump onto the pegs with locked elbows and knees. And that makes me laugh like a drain, with tears streaming down my face.

So I am really disappointing that the attendees of this year's artisanal coffee fest are not giving me what I need.

So if you know of someone going to Montagu to attend the cold mielie and beard oil bomhomie, please tell them to do a meerkat down Barry Street.
I will be the guy rolling on the pavement, doubled up with hysterical laughter.

Thanks