Who has experience with bolt on rally kits on a 690R?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miks

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Earlier this year I bought a 2017 690R as I wanted a bike that fell somewhere between enduro and adventure. The 10k/annual service intervals for the 690R was appealing compared to a 500 or something similar.
Coming from an F800GS which I used daily, the 690R has been quite an adjustment and left me wanting to add a nav. tower and screen to make the bike more usable on longer rides etc.

The plan is to enter and ride the longer cross country races like Pongola 500 and see if that leads to multi stage rally racing (I know the bike/setup will change completely for this).

I have searched all over the www and see these as my options:

1. NL Designs aluminium  Nav tower + KTM OEM screen etc +small  fibreglass 'filler' fairing to match the bike R25k.
Niklaus's kit very well designed and supber quality, but is it worth the additional R10k over the others?
2. Perfect Fairings/Mastech nav tower + KTM OEM screen etc.  Around R14k
3. Rade garage R15k

Anyone with any experiences with any of the above? Thoughts on the mounting system for kit 2 and 3?
I don't want to save R10k buying a setup and then cause damage to my frame with a cheaper mounting system.

:)