breedtsnek - yeah, i know, again!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wino

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Time to test out the new handlebar risers and footpegs! Not being in the mood for a lot of dust, I decided not to join the tt ride, but rather take a gentle solo ride to include gravel from Skeerpoort to an old favorite, Breedtsnek and then down again to Magaliesburg. From Magaliesburg I took the ?backroad? that was the subject of the previous ?XXX? report. Man, the gravel roads are in good nick these days! Breedtsnek is by far in the best condition that I?ve ever seen it!
Enjoy the pics!

DSC_0132.jpg

The road that joins the Broederstroom road (coming from Krugersdorp) with Skeerpoort:

DSC_0133.jpg

The ?start? from Skeerpoort. From here the road pretty much runs parallel to the mountain:

DSC_0134.jpg

I found this old bridge just off the beaten track and spent some time here. The water was just the remedy for my feet, don?t know how many disease I brought home, though?

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

Mmm, wonder what he/she is thinking?

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Yes, we do have mountains, well, I think it?s only this one range (Magaliesberg), but if I recall correctly, it is the second oldest range after the Himalayas!

DSC_0152.jpg

Just before the rise up the pass ? lots of burnt areas in gauteng this time of year:

DSC_0154.jpg

Whoohoo! Always good to be at the top! Not on top, that is!

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

With regard to the footpegs, definitely an improvement, but I will have to get used to them still. With the handlebar risers it is easier to stand, not so much rocking with knees slightly bent, but also need to get used to it. Unfortunately, riding over the next 2 weekends is no-go