New 1200 GSA and advise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asterix

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Last year there was a big story about the new R1200GSA that was supposed to be launched this year, with all the new futures as the GS got, including a TFT screen. This launched just died quiet off in SA.

I am in the market for a new bike, upon request for the new adventure, I was told, by a dealership,  that BMW SA decided that they not going to bring in the new adventure and rather wait it out for the R1250GSA that is coming in a year or two (nobody can tell when this will be).

Other rumours, the new adventure is already in South Africa but BMW SA did not released them , as there are too many 2017 stock still available, and that is why there are dealerships that have specials (panniers & top box included or helmets)Even the South African BMW website, shown a 1200GS Rallye Adventure with a keyless start, which I haven’t seen at the dealers yet, although this one has the old cluster.

Does anybody else have news on this? Like I said, I want to buy a new bike, but not a 2017 model  for the same price as a 2018. My luck is a will buy it now and next month the new model will be on the floor.  The other option is to trade the LC(2014) in on a 1600GTL, (score some brownie points with the SWAMBO) and wait for BMW SA to open their mind. I still have an air cooled adventure.  The only problem is, how much am I going to lose when it is time to trade the 1600 in