Wake up call for us young 'uns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybiker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Versys
Well, Gerald's still a young 'un, just my age. He was brought down recently by a piece of foliage jammed under his front mudguard, but while in recovery had a big heart attack. Put his 'Strom up for sale, but then thought better of it and traded it for a cruiser. Bet that won't suit him for long though.

Then this morning, bumped into Trevor, (83) who told me of his near death experience riding on dirt, which he puts down to the fact that his little 250 encourages him to ride like a madarse and reckons he would have been riding more sedately on his 650.

But what was worrying him, and me when I heard about it was our mutual friend Roy, (80 I think) who, it's said 'didn't stop for long enough' at a stop sign and is now in intensive care with a broken pelvis and a leg that was previously re-built now shattered again, plus other injuries that I haven't yet got full details of.

Seems that those of us who are just transitioning from youth to maturity might need to pause and consider easing off a bit for the sake of our riding future.  :3some: