Africa Twin soft spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysterballas

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Mirrag manne

We recently went on a trip to the Richtersveld. Me and a buddy took our bikes, straight from their 1000km service so they were still brand new. We both have full Rockfox kit (except I forgot my bash plate and went eith original one).

We were 6 AT bikes on the trip. Only two "gps bars" survived. One was reinforced with support brackets, and the other did not support a gps (mounted to handle bars). So word of caution - do not mount your gps there without support. I took my bracket of, whick meant stripping the entire front part of the bike.

Two of us had a rock jump up from the front wheel, and hit a exposed area on the enjin casing. Me with my standard bash plate, and my buddy with the Rockfox bashplate. Both of our enjin casings started pissing oil. Both repaired with Pratley Steel Putty. I will phone Mike tomorrow and ask for a cover that fits between the bashplate and lower crash bars to prevent this from happening again.

I stopped on an uneven surface and my bike tipped over as I was climbing offf. I partially softened the landing, but the hand guard broke and the lever bent. As expected with stock guards.