Are we spoilt for choice - or just being misled by confusion ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Currently there are quiet a few threads about all the possible/expected new "Adv bikes" going - off course all with the accompanying wise and sometimes "obsessed" comments ...

Fact is - there is currently no bike than can claim the "no brainer" title!! ... neither do any of the promised new-comers fit the bill !!  :deal:

I'm asking this because I might be in the market for a new bike soon ... My GSA is now on 5yrs, an corrosion is nobody's friend near the coast ... (And to the boys that call it a delivery bike -  :imaposer: :imaposer: FUCK YOU!!!)

Well I was 200% sold on a new AT - well until the "fork-issue" became public while good old Honda is as quiet as the grave ...
I'm not interested in any 1200's - just too much "window-dressing" and bulk !!

Then I thought KTM - but shyte - the more I read about the 1090 and 1290 - the less "trust" I have in either of them!!
Why would the upcoming 790 be any different??  :-\

The Yamaha T7 looks and sounds promising - but so did the 660 Tenere - until its flaws became public knowledge ...

That leaves the 850GS - it has good reviews thus far - but the weight and tank size concerns me a bit - as well as Bavaria's reputation over the last few years of many teething problems on new models ...  :-\  (Well at least they fix them ...)

:-\

BTW: please leave the nostalgic "saga's" about the HP2 and 950 SE out of this - they're history and only served a small niche market - and given their shortcomings of fuel range; luggage carrying capability and comfort - not really ADV bikes ...