NEW TIRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Aware a new thread in the same vane , but would like some views from the community . I have now done 6000 ks on my new to me 1190 , most of it was long rides on tarmac , in reality no dirt , My Conti still has a bit of life left , maybe 1500 or so ks but  I have an itch to put new tires on the bike . I have been doing so research on the brands and options ,  seems most 50/50 tires have a life of around the 6k mark and 80/20 around the 8 k mark  and possibly up to 10 k kms .  i  am also well aware that whatever choice I make in fitting new tires will be mine . Looks wise and performance wise I like the Karoo 3 from metzeler , but rear tire life seems 6 k max . I also like the Pirelli scorpion  RALLY STR , reviews says a awesome road tire , good off road ,  but life also around the 6 k mark .
The 1190 being a Adventure bike I think any of these tires would soot the bike nicely and also look good on it , mite have to give up the mileage a bit . Or is the looks idea just pie in the sky and a road bias tire is the way to go , end of discussion ?
I have saved up some coin to go splash out on saturday , but would like to make a call with all the option covered . I would just like to cover all the options .