WP - Riding in Mud on Purpose,Survival Practice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
So a friend of Mine Alan Hopper,decided last week,I must taking him ridding on muddy roads , so he can practice with his Triumph Tiger
He wanted to ride to Moorreessberg and back!
So I thought , lets rather see how he does a little closer , before we end up in trouble.

We left on Saturday at 09h30 as Alan lives in Noorhoek,right down the Pinisular.
And yes,it was drizzeling.
But all kitted up in body armour &  a plastic Motofox raincoat , I was ready "not to get cold or wet" and dressed correctly in the event my bike got tiered and wanted to lie down.

Oh , and I had brand new tyres MOTOS DESERTS The best tyres I have ever ridden with in bad weather,.
Available from SGS Motorsport & Rim , a Wilddog Vendor

Route:
Refuel Richwood Total garage, past the Barrel Pub on the way to Malanshoogte dirt,then down Occudale to the Malmsbury rd,
10km tar,
Lh turn through "Droevlei Farm" Where the "Droe"part of the name comes from,who knows,

Its a servatude road that starts off going through the farmers yard ,so we ride nicely out of respect for the farmer.
But he has dumped yellow clay in his driveway to fill some holes,but he hasnt had time to compact it yet,
Wow, Shock ! But we paddle through it as its deep and already full of bakkie spoor zig zag ing through,

Oh,and this road goes to a Quarry,some 5 km down the road, ja truck spoor isnt something an adventure bike likes.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Mud-in-june/i-pLqCfXf/0/8cd44480/L/IMG-20180609-WA0016-L.jpg

But my Triumph friend Alan is all good with the mud,and volinteers to ride through another yellow mud repair,but make a video Andy he shouts!
Dissapointingly , he rides very well , so no spectacular pics to show, lol

We make it all the way through past the farms down to the trees,where I always stop and wait,
By the way Alans bike has a worn E07 in front a good E07 Rear, not that they very good in mud,but he is taking his time as he is verticly challenged and doesnt want do fall,

Attachments

• mud 1.jpg
    mud 1.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 480
  • Mud 2.jpeg
    Mud 2.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 481
  • Mud4 Alan.jpeg
    Mud4 Alan.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 473