Awesome service Dustriders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Chris and Amanda did it again.

My Uvex helmet lost the clips that holds up the visor.  Apparently if you drop these helmets, the little part that screw onto the helmet losses its little BUMP that rubs against the visor to keep it in a certain position.

We all know that Uvex helmets are no longer available and spares are getting less and less available.

Well they go me the part.

While I was waiting for the part to be delivered I needed new brake pads for the 1984 Honda XL 600.

Went to the local bike shop Monday last week.

Sorry no stock but he will order for me.

So last Friday I popped around to the bikeshop.

Sorry I have not ordered it yet as I cannot order one set of pads from Durban at a time.

Well no problem, I am still getting to grips how things operate in the platteland.

I then send Chris a watapp to find out if I can come and collect the Uvex part sometime over the weekend.
No problem, he has got the part, but they are in George at the moment.

Well that got my heartbeat up... Can you find me some brake pads for the Honda while you are there.

No problem, phone the bikeshops, find your pads and we will pick it up.

So I phone Honda... Sorry sir DISCONTINUED.. W.T F!!!!! this is a common part used by many motorcycles.  I had the same issue when I was looking for something else on the 1984 Honda in JHB... Sorry Discontinued.  Don't these morons have a cross reference list... Does not look like it.

So between www.cmsnl.com and ebay I got a part number.

Then I phoned Thundercyles in George.

Yes sir I have the pads in stock.  R 330.00.

Another Watsapp to Chris... Take money go to Thundercycles and speak pick up my pads please.

Later the afternoon I got a message...  Meet us at the Stilbaai turn-off we have your parts.

Baie Dankie Chris en Amanda.  Well done.