Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Northern Namibia with my brother......and a few other clowns  (Read 31445 times)

Online dustlover

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Northern Namibia with my brother......and a few other clowns
« Reply #960 on: March 26, 2019, 03:47:04 pm »
Noneking,

Great RR and brought to life with a great array of photos. You mentioned that your camera batteries went flat, but try as I might, I couldn't see a mention anywhere of what type of camera you use. Please tell me, it sure takes great photos.

Cheers
Go for it - the world is your lobster.

Offline Noneking

« Reply #961 on: March 26, 2019, 05:21:59 pm »
Noneking,

Great RR and brought to life with a great array of photos. You mentioned that your camera batteries went flat, but try as I might, I couldn't see a mention anywhere of what type of camera you use. Please tell me, it sure takes great photos.

Cheers

Thank you @dustlover !

Most of my pics were taken with a Canon G1X , the rest with iPhone 7 plus
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

The following users thanked this post: dustlover

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »
i have just spent the last 4 hours reading this report ....................... for the second time

what a fantastic trip man

after a work day like i had today , this RR makes me just want to pack it all in , take my measely pension and buy a smaller bike , eat less , get fit .......................... and fokkoff to the NAM

thank you so much to all that contributed to this RR and the trip as a whole

i am humbled by everyone involved

i hope i get to do this one day ................... soon
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Online dustlover

« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2019, 10:12:01 am »
Noneking,

Cheers

Thank you @dustlover !

I just read the DPreview review of it and they complained about the short battery life. Suggested that perhaps a user should carry a spare, allowing you to charge both at night - one in the charger and the other in camera via USB.

Perhaps worth considering?

Edit: Spelling.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:12:42 am by dustlover »

Offline Noneking

« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2019, 10:26:56 am »
Noneking,

Cheers

Thank you @dustlover !

I just read the DPreview review of it and they complained about the short battery life. Suggested that perhaps a user should carry a spare, allowing you to charge both at night - one in the charger and the other in camera via USB.

Perhaps worth considering?

Edit: Spelling.

I had no issue with battery life, only limited charging opportunity. The battery only ran out once, because we did not have access to electricity for several days.
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Online dustlover

« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2019, 10:54:25 am »
Ah, OK, cool.

Offline JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • East London
« Reply #966 on: April 22, 2019, 01:33:32 pm »
Ek het destyds toe die RR begin is, daaraan gelees, maar het weer daarvan "vergeet" agv werk ens..

Gister toe praat ek met @Vis Arend  se baas, @Mev Vis Arend en sy se toe dat hulle op die trip gaan begin Mei.

Dadelik begin ek toe lees daar waar ek laas opgehou het tot laat gistermiddag.  Vandag weer begin verder lees tot by die einde.

Baie RR's kyk ek net die kiekies, want dit vertel mos 'n storie?  Die RR het ek elke woord en sin gelees en ek moet eerlik waar se - dis 'n trip en RR duisend.

Baie dankie vir die deel @Noneking & die res.  Julle is almal ysters en ek beny julle. 

Sal dit graag wil doen - moet net my agterent in rat kry, en 'n voorraad hartpille saamvat  :deal:

@Hardy de Kock  - ek dink ek moet by julle kom leer hoe om te organiseer. 

@Noneking - Sal by jou moet leer hoe om 'n ordentelike RR te skryf.

Julle almal is gesaluut 

:salut: :salut:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:46:44 am by JMOL »
Life is hard - even harder if you are stupid.

Offline Noneking

« Reply #967 on: April 26, 2019, 10:05:59 am »
Ek het destyds toe die RR begin is, daaraan gelees, maar het weer daarvan "vergeet" agv werk ens..

Gister toe praat ek met @Vis Arend  se baas, @Mev Vis Arend en sy se toe dat hulle op die trip gaan begin Mei.

Dadelik begin ek toe lees daar waar ek laas opgehou het tot laat gistermiddag.  Vandag weer begin verder lees tot by die einde.

Baie RR's kyk ek net die kiekies, want dit vertel mos 'n storie?  Die RR het ek elke woord en sin gelees en ek moet eerlik waar se - dis 'n trip en RR duisend.

Baie dankie vir die deel @Noneking & die res.  Julle is almal ysters en ek beny julle. 

Sal dit graag wil doen - moet net my agterent in rat kry, en 'n voorraad hartpille saamvat  :deal:

@Hardy de Kock  - ek dink ek moet by julle kom leer hoe om te organiseer. 

@Noneking - Sal by jou moet leer hoe om 'n ordentelike RR te skryf.

Julle almal is gesaluut 

:salut: :salut:

Dankie @JMOL  !
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R