A Lady - Two-wheeler needs our help! - SAD NEWS TODAY AS WE SAY GOODBYE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So ......

Looking at the spirit of these big bliksemse "Willehonne" - it seemed obvious that this type of post would find it's way here on the forum at some stage!

A while back I met a young lady working for one of our computer suppliers here in Cape Town. I couldn't help notice that she "rides" around on/in a two-wheeler as well - only this one, commonly known as a wheelchair, obviously does not do the speed, distance or offroad trips we love.
Joking around with her came naturally - and my jokes and humour centred on her wheelchair... with remarks such as 'hope you have a licence", "can yours do 4x4" and "are those tubeless" ... being the order of the day.

Ok - the background is set.... so today I asked Ilze whether she's ordered her new tyres yet..? (she mentioned a while back she needed 2 new tyres) - nope she said... too costly!
So the natural question was ... "how much are they..?"

R500.00 runt each for the "shitty" local - SA versions, but the decent ones are imported at R 1000.00 runt a pop!!!

Faaaaarrrkkk!! ouens... R2k for 2 wheels...... and they are nothing special.. just solid rubber!

I am totally disgusted that there's an industry that have these people cornered and quite literally by the "short & curlies"  - surely this cannot be..

So I started calling my mates and connections today to see whether we could find her a pair of new "treads" - it was during one of my trips today that I stopped off to see Topbox - ran into Eisbein and we were chatting as well. He suggested this post and said we could do a small "fund-raising"...?

If the Dawgs think this is being too forward - let me know and I'll make-a-plan somewhere else. She has no idea I'm doing this - neither has she asked for help.... so
Wifey suggested the following:

I will find out whether she'd be interested in going on a "breakfast run" wif the WD's - maybe aound the Penninsula in a sidecar...  :ricky:? Nothing too fast or fancy - and maybe we can get one of those Ural's in Seapoint.
If she says yes.... THEN we could do something along these lines... maybe make her an "honourary Wilddog" and have a PAW put on the backing of her chair. If the ride happens... we could collect her chairand have the new tyres fitted ...?

............... am I barking up the wrong tree here....?  ???

Forgot to mention: Her chair model is a "QUICKY RX"  :imaposer: