Not bike but diesel related

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Apologies not bike related but I'm sure someone can help me here. My wife's 2006 B200 CDI is now on 170 000km and I'm pretty sure stock injectors. Sometimes I notice a bit of black smoke on cold start and under acceleration. Otherwise it drives and idles fine and gives very good fuel economy most would say dont worry about it but I like to tinker. I read reviews on the Liqui Moly diesel purge cleaner that gets connected directly to the injector pump thus the engine only runs on the Liqui Moly stuff. Yes I know some might say test the injectors and rather buy new ones if needed but I reckon going on the reviews and the fact that it will cost R250 to try. Problem is nowhere I can get instructions to do it on a W245. Most youtube videos is on Polo and Jetta TDI's which has 4 lines going into the filter but the Mercedes only has two so I'm not sure where to insert the Liqui Moly container  :-[ Below is the process on a VW and then the picture of our cars setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_ZGh1KEec

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 298