Kaokoland with WildWood - May 2018 (now with tour video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWood

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I'm guilty of not taking pics on our tours but on the third of the April/May  Kaokoland Odyssey Tours recently we were fortunate to have top videographer Andrew Robb along for the ride. I was aware he was taking video footage but a major surprise was when he sent me a bunch of stunning still photos as well. I've seen the rough edit of the video stuff and its without new level for a ride memory.

Our tours are a 10 day format that starts and ends in Windhoek for small groups of between 4 & 8 riders. Essentially an anti-clockwise round trip of north western Namibia that includes Kaokoland and Damaraland.

Enjoy the pics and I'll post the video once finally edited.

Day 1 and 2 include mostly easy gravel and sadly tar riding from Windhoek to Kunene River Lodge on the Angolan border. We do get to see plenty of game including some good sightings of lions, elephants and other big game along the way. I had a fairly nerve racking encounter with a male lion on this trip. (note to self that if you see fresh lion spoor get the hell away).

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_2258_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_2258_1024.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 728
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4e92.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4e92.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 719
  • thumb_IMG_2242_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_2242_1024.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 729