Karoo 3 Fron tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureBoy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Evening
I have just taken off the front Karoo 3 tyre from my 2016 Africa Twin. I have done about 11 000 km on it. What concerns me is the way its worn. The front of the knobs are more worn than the back, giving the impression that the knobs sloping to the front. The wear is not even across all the knobs, with some showing signs of much more wear than others. What is more concerning is that the wear on the LHS is different to the right hand side of the tyre. Of the 11 000 km I have done about 2500 - 3000 has been off road.

I recently replaced my back tyre (also a Karoo 3) at about 9 000km and the wear was even on the blocks as well as RHS and LHS. I could have done a bit more mileage, but was going on a trip and wanted to start on new tyres.

Has anyone had similar experience with the Karoo 3. I do not want to replace it with another Karoo if this is a common wear pattern. I would rather look at another option. I have been happy with the performance of the tyre, only the increased road noise from the standard tyres requires a bit of adjusting.