Quarry playing - Saturday 12/08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneyMan

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Me, Funacide and Amstel went to play at the quarry near Cullinan.

Not much pics. Funacide got more, including my mud bath.

Was lekker to play a bit and practise/improve some technical skills.

From Lynwood dirt all the way to the quarrie. Level 1-2 stuff with the odd rain ditches along the railway line which can cause some rim damage if you go to fast.

First pit stop just before the quarrie.

IMG_0013a.jpg

Transvaal. We need the rain to come in September.

IMG_0015a.jpg

Stll struggeling to zoom properly with the digital camera.

Funacide and Amstel doing their thing in the sand.

IMG_0016a.jpg

IMG_0017a.jpg

Not too difficult although lekker fishtailing and one needed to keep the throttle going. At the end of this sections, is a small ridge and you go up this at speed only to do heavy breaking before hitting another ridge which will stop you in your tracks.

IMG_0018a.jpg

From there everyone playing around on his own in the quarry. Got a nice ramp onto a table top finish where the Dakkie did some flying! :p

Then back to the mud section (small) and gone through it 5 times and lost it the sixth time. Blerry stupid mistake but yes, brought back to earth physically and over-confident wise! :lol:

Dirty Dakar!

IMG_0019a.jpg

IMG_0020a.jpg

Was lekker to do this technical riding. Nice to meet you Amstel.

Amstel is getting the controlled power slide on the 1200 under the knee quite well. Looks awesome on those big bikes! :p Funacide did a nice power wheelie as well standing up. Good one Fun!

Then back to Funacide's place for a few beers. He had to open the side gate for me. No way I could go through his house in the muddy state I was. :oops: :lol: