New routes, the AT & flat tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFE

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
After my request for a few fellow Dogs to ride during my brief visist home, KTMKobus suggested a mid-week ride which was a good call in the end. The planning was to ride George - Oudtshorn - Carlitzdorp - Mosselbay via Rooiberg, But as said, that was the planning.
Was an early start for me on Wednesday morning, 13 June from Mosselbay to meet with Kobus in George. Being early I took the N2 and to check that the old faithful 950 still ran as it should as it stood for 3 months while I was out of country. As expected and as we all know by now, the KTM didn't miss a beat, as it would be for the entire day as well. Trusty things those KTM's.
Got to our rendezvous point just befor 07:00 and we sat down with a nice cup of coffee, sharing introductions and general chit-chat about the route we're planning to ride. Not knowingthe area well Kobus outlined a general plan but we both agreed that it's not set in stone and we will see what the day brings. And so we set off just before 08:00, starting with the Montague pass from George towards Oudtshorn.

The old and the new meeting and the outlook for the day's route.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 306