Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Taxi driver attacks biker with panga  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Pullaway

• Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
Re: Taxi driver attacks biker with panga
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 02:19:13 pm »
Scrapes looks like bug splatter to me. Luckily no injuries.
Also don't see the panga mark :imaposer:
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 02:39:27 pm »
Guy in taxi is doing his usual rounds.. biker who is probably inexperienced gets pushed around by taxi.. biker reacts by removing mirror and the rest is a bit of road rage. I must say its not normal for anyone to get out of a car and take after a biker in gear.. I have done some stupid things on a bike as most of us have.. how often has someone actually climbed out the car and attacked you.. very very few and even fewer will result in injury and almost none are race related.. but it will be reported as such.

I wonder if the biker will report the taxi driver to the human rights commission?.

If someone gets attacked by a panga I would expect his arm to be lying next to his bike, clearly it was a very violent attack cos even the bug shat itself.

its a pity that in SA everything has become political or racial, they probably both acted like idiots.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 04:01:04 pm »
As usual there are 3 sides to a story...and as mentioned the Taxi driver was just wanting to scare the biker, otherwise he would be badly hurt! Still not cool.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »
This shit never happens to me, even considering that I've done thousands of km travel in heavy traffic, always lane splitting.

Sure I've accidentally made contact with cagers mirrors, probably around 10 times, but each time I have dropped back and checked with the driver, so far, always to be shown a thumbs-up or just a wave and a smile.

Taxi's have also mostly been very considerate with me, often making space for me pass.

The following users thanked this post: Dcjet

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 11:06:55 pm »
This shit never happens to me, even considering that I've done thousands of km travel in heavy traffic, always lane splitting.

Sure I've accidentally made contact with cagers mirrors, probably around 10 times, but each time I have dropped back and checked with the driver, so far, always to be shown a thumbs-up or just a wave and a smile.

Taxi's have also mostly been very considerate with me, often making space for me pass.

It's like you have typed my exact experience/thoughts here - agree  :thumleft:

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 05:14:14 am »

It's like you have typed my exact experience/thoughts here - agree  :thumleft:
The right attitude goes a long way in making your own and those in contact with you better.
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline JFE

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 05:51:20 am »
As usual there are 3 sides to a story....
Agree with you: yours, mine and the truth.
Imagine the backlash should that young man have had a gun and shot the attacker. Julius and kie would have been all over Krugersdorp by now.

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 07:05:53 am »
Ek is net bly my naam is nie Frikkie nie, hulle bly in die moeilikheid!
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

Offline Suzukli DL

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 07:10:11 am »
JFE, that is exactly what is wrong with this country. When a person cannot defend themselves from an attacker regardless of race, colour or creed. " Oh look, its a black man attacking me, best I let him hack me up with a panga"

Sorry but my right to defend myself from any attacker should remain just that, my right to defend myself.

Offline Fransw

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 10:04:53 am »
Ek is net bly my naam is nie Frikkie nie, hulle bly in die moeilikheid!

:lol8: Dis n feit! Ek het 2 Frikkie pelle gehad op skool en hulle altwee was Klein helle gewees! Om dit te kroon iemend in ons buurt het n steekhaar foxterrier met die naam Frik. Hy saai gaos en paniek in die buurt!...iets verskrikliks! Ek sal ook enige Frikkie  met n panga bykom! :lol8:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 11:36:10 am »

I agree.. its like the okes who HAVE to ride with their hazards on because they need some sort of extra visibility.

If you ride like an idiot, can't observe, cant anticipate whats going on around you then rather stay off the roads.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2018, 11:37:02 am »
JFE, that is exactly what is wrong with this country. When a person cannot defend themselves from an attacker regardless of race, colour or creed. " Oh look, its a black man attacking me, best I let him hack me up with a panga"

Sorry but my right to defend myself from any attacker should remain just that, my right to defend myself.

Who said you cant defend yourself  :patch:

Offline Suzukli DL

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2018, 12:18:15 pm »
Fuzzy, I am referring to JFE's comment about Julius,  it's just so prevalent in our society today. If an 80 year old green midget without arms, a speech impediment and a strange sexual preference attacks me with a panga and I fear for my life I should have the option to put a bullet in him or her if I have no option.

I have a family to look after. Race should not come into it. The situation yes.