Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WSBK silly season starts!  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Sheepman

Re: WSBK silly season starts!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 09:02:14 am »
Haslam officially confirmed at Kawasaki for 2 years

Interesting  :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 09:19:12 am »
I think Rea is an excellent rider and could possibly win on any bike. 

He was on the Honda for many years and didn't win a thing ... so I think it has a lot to do with the bike

Fully agreed that It does have a lot to do with the bike, but you need to be a good rider to use the bike properly.  Jonathan did win quite a few races on the Honda.  He rode a Honda in WSBK from 2009 to 2014 and won 13 races.  Best finish was 4th in the championship.  Possibly the best Honda rider in WSBK in many years.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:19:55 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 09:24:10 am »

He was on the Honda for many years and didn't win a thing ... so I think it has a lot to do with the bike

Fully agreed that It does have a lot to do with the bike, but you need to be a good rider to use the bike properly.  Jonathan did win quite a few races on the Honda.  He rode a Honda in WSBK from 2009 to 2014 and won 13 races.  Best finish was 4th in the championship.  Possibly the best Honda rider in WSBK in many years.

He was learning his trade, put him back on said Honda and it will be a different story.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 09:40:20 am »

He was learning his trade, put him back on said Honda and it will be a different story.

I doubt he will do anything on the current Honda within the current rules.  The gap between the factory bikes and non-factory bikes in WSBK have become too large.   
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 08:20:15 am »

I doubt he will do anything on the current Honda within the current rules.  The gap between the factory bikes and non-factory bikes in WSBK have become too large.

Mr Rea is a better rider than people give him credit for.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 08:49:47 am »

Mr Rea is a better rider than people give him credit for.

Agreed.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 06:20:21 pm »
Aarrgghhh... just watched the Portugal round of the the WSB scene, but the racing has really got progressively more boring from a spectator point of view. Rea dominates every race and everybody else and Sykes seems to fall further and further behind his team mate...probably a lack of motivation now that his contract  has not been renewed. WSS is slightly better though although Sheridan Morais does not shape on the Kawasaki as he did on the Yammie the previous year and lately he is making up the back of the grid in Moto2. The only real excitement is in the WSS 300 class with that Ana (forgot her surname) girlie who really seems to be driving the pants off the men...I really think that WSB racing from decades ago was much more exciting than the last couple of  years. Hope that DORNA will be doing something for next year as spectator numbers will continue to fall...  :patch:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:40:49 am by Serfie »
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline RobD

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 10:06:17 am »
For the 1st time in my life I don't actually care if I miss the race...... SBK has lost so much of its charms... :'( :'( :'(

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:06 am »
It looks like the camera crew have been told to avoid the empty stands, but sometime they cannot help it.

I caught Sunday's race by chance, don't look out for it anymore, nothing like the days of Bayliss VS Edwards.

At the same time, you have to give Rea and the Kawasaki team some credit.

Maybe the arrival of the V4 next year will change things up a bit.

I also think the way they now split the weekend up has something to do with it.
"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 11:17:44 am »
Besides the Johhny Rea show, have you noticed the stands, especially on a Saturday, I think there are more people at Killarney for a club race.

Remember the Bayliss  - Edwards years, that was proper entertaining racing. These days I record it, start watching, if it becomes a progression, I fast forward to the end to see who won.

The lighties on their 300's is more entertaining.

Yes, those were the days. Even before that, Troy Corser, Carl Forgatty, Nori Haga, etc .... you never knew who was winning it.

Now soon as Jonathan Rea hits the front you can switch over to Formula 1. ... still can't believe I would ever do that, switch from a wsbk to f1 race  :'(
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

The following users thanked this post: Warren Ellwood

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 11:54:35 am »
Do people still watch WSB, seems it's watered down a bit from past years ? Very few factory teams or am I wrong.
Better than MOTOgp imho. :thumleft:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 12:23:58 pm »
Do people still watch WSB, seems it's watered down a bit from past years ? Very few factory teams or am I wrong.
Better than MOTOgp imho. :thumleft:

Okay!  Own up!  What do you smoke and where do we get?   >:D
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: RobD

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2018, 02:21:30 pm »

Now soon as Jonathan Rea hits the front you can switch over to Formula 1. ... still can't believe I would ever do that, switch from a wsbk to f1 race  :'(

Thought I was the only one. In the beginning I almost felt guilty but now it is just like well here we go again lets hope someone can kick Hamilton's ass.  :biggrin:
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline adamktm

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »
Have to agree, I haven’t watched WSBK since it became the Rea show. I’m happy for him, cos he’s an an amazing rider and deserves all his success. It’s just boring.

Also think they need to go back to single race day.
2018 KTM 250 6 Days TPI
2011 690 Enduro

When I bleed, I bleed orange!

The following users thanked this post: RobD

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 08:50:44 am »
You guys just seem to watch the main race... it is in the other classses that the real action is... same as the MotoGP races... the main races are boring, almost as boring as F1 and Nascar! :sip: :peepwall:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 09:00:16 am »
You guys just seem to watch the main race... it is in the other classses that the real action is... same as the MotoGP races... the main races are boring, almost as boring as F1 and Nascar! :sip: :peepwall:

Ah!  But then you should have said:

WSBK is boring, however WSSP600, WSS300 and Superstock1000 is awesomeness.   :3some:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 09:41:14 am »

WSBK is boring, however WSSP600, WSS300 and Superstock1000 is awesomeness.   :3some:
MD knows when I say "It is SBK this weekend." that nothing gets done... I watch the lot!  :imaposer:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 09:46:38 am »

MD knows when I say "It is SBK this weekend." that nothing gets done... I watch the lot!  :imaposer:

Same here.   :thumleft:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 09:27:07 am »
Recorded the races this weekend, late last night saw on FB that Rea had done the double again, and could see in the picture no one else was even on the same straight as him, so I just deleted the races.

See they are working on a three race per weekend schedule for next year, but it's not going to help the races unless someone gets to coming near him consistently.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 09:56:52 am »
Recorded the races this weekend, late last night saw on FB that Rea had done the double again, and could see in the picture no one else was even on the same straight as him, so I just deleted the races.

See they are working on a three race per weekend schedule for next year, but it's not going to help the races unless someone gets to coming near him consistently.
Kawasaki ZX is light years ahead of any other team barring Ducati and Yamaha (On some tracks). Kawasaki have the biggest budget out of them all with full factory support. That bike has also been developed around Rea hence why Sykes has battled. It may be interesting when Haslam becomes Rea,s team mate next year . Bottom line is until they drastically simplify tech regulations and cap budgets it will always be the current top 3. There are only 3 full factory supported teams as is evident in the results week in week out. Some teams have no factory support at all.

Im my opinion its simple....

Apply the same tech regulations as FIM 1000 Superstocks or British Superbikes and the racing will improve drastically. The motto of race on Sunday buy on Monday needs to come back.

Pass this way once!