Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WSBK silly season starts!  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Serfie

Re: WSBK silly season starts!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 10:57:44 am »
Recorded the races this weekend, late last night saw on FB that Rea had done the double again, and could see in the picture no one else was even on the same straight as him, so I just deleted the races.

See they are working on a three race per weekend schedule for next year, but it's not going to help the races unless someone gets to coming near him consistently.
Kawasaki ZX is light years ahead of any other team barring Ducati and Yamaha (On some tracks). Kawasaki have the biggest budget out of them all with full factory support. That bike has also been developed around Rea hence why Sykes has battled. It may be interesting when Haslam becomes Rea,s team mate next year . Bottom line is until they drastically simplify tech regulations and cap budgets it will always be the current top 3. There are only 3 full factory supported teams as is evident in the results week in week out. Some teams have no factory support at all.

Im my opinion its simple....

Apply the same tech regulations as FIM 1000 Superstocks or British Superbikes and the racing will improve drastically. The motto of race on Sunday buy on Monday needs to come back.

Spot on!  :thumleft:
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline Sonny

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2018, 06:08:14 pm »
Cant take it away from JR, he's totally at his best and there just doesn't seem to be any other super 'off the wall' talent around.
I dont understand why factory support is so limited either, private teams don't stand a chance. Riders are getting lapped.

But, its bike racing, i love it and i cant help myself but strap in and watch the weekends races.

Offline punisher

• Lolly Licker… i love to lick lollies
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • somph
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2018, 06:38:44 pm »
 O0
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »
Cant take it away from JR, he's totally at his best and there just doesn't seem to be any other super 'off the wall' talent around.
I dont understand why factory support is so limited either, private teams don't stand a chance. Riders are getting lapped.

But, its bike racing, i love it and i cant help myself but strap in and watch the weekends races.

Factory support is limited because Superbikes were never meant to be factory teams.

Now Dorna, is suggesting three, yes THREE races for the superbikes on race weekend.  I have to ask myself: "to what end?" 

Anyway., I hope like nuts MotoGP doesn't follow.  Imagine watching that little bugger, MM93 winning 3 times in the same weekend!!!   >:D
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 08:55:45 pm »
Sykes has signed for Suin Muir racing for next year. They are changing from Aprilia to full factory backed BMW S1000rrs. His team mate will be STK 1000 champ Reiterberger which leaves Laverty out in the cold with not many other seats available other than Red Bull Honda.
Pass this way once!

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
Pass this way once!

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
Pass this way once!

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 09:08:24 pm »
I can't help but think that Laverty,s foray into Motogp ruined what was otherwise looking to be a good carrier in SBK. Just like Loris Baz. Baz left SBK on a high,dabbled in Moto gp for 2 seasons and is now back in sbk riding for what is with all do respect a second string team.
Pass this way once!

Offline Sonny

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2018, 01:28:07 pm »
Makes sense to sign Reiterberger, he won the Superstock on a BMW.
Pity about Laverty, he has made a remarkable come back from injury....whats happening with Aprillia?

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2018, 07:58:33 pm »
So next season is looking a bit more promising. We have BMW and HRC Honda back with full factory support.
Pass this way once!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2018, 09:33:34 am »
So next season is looking a bit more promising. We have BMW and HRC Honda back with full factory support.

Add to BMW and Honda's factory returns the new V4 Ducati and WSBK may become worth watching again.  Also, if they bring in the third race as planned, it may be exciting as the plan is for it to be a sprint race and that may well be very interesting.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2018, 03:57:59 pm »
Add to BMW and Honda's factory returns the new V4 Ducati and WSBK may become worth watching again.  Also, if they bring in the third race as planned, it may be exciting as the plan is for it to be a sprint race and that may well be very interesting.

The series is starting to resemble wrestling ... total waste of time

I lost all interest when they introduced that reverse grid nonsenses ... what will they do next, bring weight penalties for wins ... or maybe the winner of race one sits out race two .... what's all this meddling and fiddling ... let them race and let the fastest man win
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2018, 06:51:56 pm »
Yep, I gotta agree with that ................  :thumleft:

If they need to interfere they should call all the riders in, except Rea, and tell them to speed the fuck up!!!

Penalties for being slow, not fast, is the way to go. I'm a liberal at heart but this is racing, dog eat dog ..................... gladiator stuff.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2018, 08:45:32 am »

The series is starting to resemble wrestling ... total waste of time

I lost all interest when they introduced that reverse grid nonsenses ... what will they do next, bring weight penalties for wins ... or maybe the winner of race one sits out race two .... what's all this meddling and fiddling ... let them race and let the fastest man win

I agree that it has become boring, but I believe the biggest cause for the problem is caused by your last sentence above.  Let them race and the fastest man win works really well in the Superstock classes, but WSBK lost the plot when they started building bikes from MotoGP style go fast parts.  This meant that the richest team won and won non stop and it became boring.  A prime example of this is that Ducati launched their V4 superbike during the past year.  The V4S which is an 1100cc bike (not eligible for WSBK) and this past week the V4R, which is a 998cc bike.  Perfect for WSBK and right out of the box makes more horsepower than the MotoGP Ducati that Casey Stoner won the world championship with in 2007.  This is the bike that the Ducati factory will retune and rebuild for WSBK next year.  Unless Kawasaki, Yamaha and the new BMW and Honda factory teams come up with some serious wizardry, there will be no competition for this Ducati and we enter yet another year of boredom.

Weight "penalties", restricted airflow, etc.  has been part of WSBK for some years already.  Of course, it didn't work.

Yep, I gotta agree with that ................  :thumleft:

If they need to interfere they should call all the riders in, except Rea, and tell them to speed the fuck up!!!

Penalties for being slow, not fast, is the way to go. I'm a liberal at heart but this is racing, dog eat dog ..................... gladiator stuff.

I agree in principle, but WSBK is not dog eat dog.  It is lion eat puppy due to the massive spend by the factory teams as opposed to the non-factory teams.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:47:19 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:36 am »
The danger for JR is that he will suffer the same fact like Carl Forgaty ... you win 12 races in a row, four championships in a row, etc etc ... but no one really considers you a top notch jockey because everyone knows you have this huge bike advantage

If you want to prove to yourself that you deserve respect than you should move up to the series where all the best riders are ... Moto GP
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2018, 09:14:10 am »
The danger for JR is that he will suffer the same fact like Carl Forgaty ... you win 12 races in a row, four championships in a row, etc etc ... but no one really considers you a top notch jockey because everyone knows you have this huge bike advantage

If you want to prove to yourself that you deserve respect than you should move up to the series where all the best riders are ... Moto GP
If this comment of yours was true then what about Troy Bailis and Colin Edwards, won on the best machines? The fact id JR won on the Honda and did rather well as a stand-in on the Honda, a bike he had no experience on and was riding somebody else settings. The Kawasaki has been the best bike and his team mate a former champion on the same bike, not forget the Yamaha has won the World Endurance championship and Suzuka, so therefore we can then say that JR is a great rider with a really great team and a SUPER crew chief.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 12:39:47 pm »
So, Bear, tell us about this sprint thing. That might be interesting. Hopefully there's no-one worrying about saving tyres, etc.

AND there's no excuse anymore to not 'have a go' at catching the leprechaun
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:46 pm »
So, Bear, tell us about this sprint thing. That might be interesting. Hopefully there's no-one worrying about saving tyres, etc.

AND there's no excuse anymore to not 'have a go' at catching the leprechaun

There is precious little information available at this stage.  It seems the plan is to introduce this in 2019 already. 

- Saturday afternoon will have the normal Race 1 with a grid set according to the Superpole results. 
- Sunday morning will have have this "short, sprint race" which will also determine the grid for Race 2.
- Sunday afternoon will have the normal Race 2.

At this stage it seems no one is sure what "short" means and you are correct.  No worries over tyre life so they can all go soft option and ride like demons to catch that little oke on the green bike.  It may well be the most exciting race of the weekend.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:56:26 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2018, 10:36:56 am »

Also confirmed now, Yamaha full factory team will enter the WSBK from 2019 onward.  The GTR Yamaha Team that won the 600cc World Championship will be in WSBK with factory backing and with riders, Marco Melandri and Sandro Cortese (the dude who won the 600 championship this year).
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

trevo

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2018, 12:40:01 pm »
Who is going to be JR team mate?