Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WSBK silly season starts!  (Read 2605 times)

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
Re: WSBK silly season starts!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2018, 12:44:00 pm »
Who is going to be JR team mate?
Leon Haslam
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2018, 01:12:45 pm »
Who is going to be JR team mate?

Leon Haslam.

EDIT:  I should have read Cocky's post .....   :lol8:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:13:55 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2018, 02:28:29 pm »
So Dorna want to make WSBK more competitive by doing the following

Rev limit if you do well your rev limit gets reduced (less power)
Concessions on engine development, if you struggle you can develop throughout the year.
Price caps and approval process on key suspension and engine parts
I assume the air restrictors remain although they do not appear to work as intended.

F1 did a lot of this and the racing has become closer, but also artificial. This may eventually work after a few seasons of bedding in like it did in F1. Which by the way is still boring but less than WSBK.

I would really love it if there was no WSBK and SuperStock was the main race. Let the bikes be a true representation of what you can buy off the showroom floor. The cost will be way lower and the racing may become exciting. If the ZX10 is truly the best then so be it, but that is not what it looks like at track days.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:57 pm »
So next season is looking a bit more promising. We have BMW and HRC Honda back with full factory support.

Add to BMW and Honda's factory returns the new V4 Ducati and WSBK may become worth watching again.  Also, if they bring in the third race as planned, it may be exciting as the plan is for it to be a sprint race and that may well be very interesting.

Also confirmed now, Yamaha full factory team will enter the WSBK from 2019 onward.  The GTR Yamaha Team that won the 600cc World Championship will be in WSBK with factory backing and with riders, Marco Melandri and Sandro Cortese (the dude who won the 600 championship this year).
The team, who took the 2017 World Supersport Championship title with Lucas Mahias, and finished runners-up in 2018 to their new signing, Cortese, will run two factory-supported Yamaha YZF-R1 machines that they will run for the first time in testing at Jerez in southern Spain starting on November 26.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2018, 01:34:18 pm »
So next season is looking a bit more promising. We have BMW and HRC Honda back with full factory support.

Add to BMW and Honda's factory returns the new V4 Ducati and WSBK may become worth watching again.  Also, if they bring in the third race as planned, it may be exciting as the plan is for it to be a sprint race and that may well be very interesting.

Also confirmed now, Yamaha full factory team will enter the WSBK from 2019 onward.  The GTR Yamaha Team that won the 600cc World Championship will be in WSBK with factory backing and with riders, Marco Melandri and Sandro Cortese (the dude who won the 600 championship this year).
The team, who took the 2017 World Supersport Championship title with Lucas Mahias, and finished runners-up in 2018 to their new signing, Cortese, will run two factory-supported Yamaha YZF-R1 machines that they will run for the first time in testing at Jerez in southern Spain starting on November 26.

Thank you for the correction.  You are like my wife.  Follow me around and refresh my memory when and where needed.  Cortese is, of course not from the GRT Yamaha team, but rather the Kalio Racing Team, my bad.  My info indicates that the GRT Team will be a full factory team though.  That said, I am no sure if the Pata Yamaha Team then becomes a factory supported team, or how it will be managed.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:36:11 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2018, 06:54:51 am »

Concessions on engine development, if you struggle you can develop throughout the year.
I assume the air restrictors remain although they do not appear to work as intended.

F1 did a lot of this and the racing has become closer, but also artificial. This may eventually work after a few seasons of bedding in like it did in F1. Which by the way is still boring but less than WSBK.

I would really love it if there was no WSBK and SuperStock was the main race. Let the bikes be a true representation of what you can buy off the showroom floor. The cost will be way lower and the racing may become exciting. If the ZX10 is truly the best then so be it, but that is not what it looks like at track days.

Undeniably the more full factory supported teams that enter with big budgets the closer the racing will be. The big problem with SBK over the last 5 even 6 seasons has been the complete lack of factory participation across the grid. That now seems to be changing so with more factory support and the above points you mention hopefully better racing is on the way.....
Pass this way once!

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2018, 06:57:48 am »
Oh and the new Ducati V4 sounds fokken mooi  :drif:

Pass this way once!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2018, 08:30:31 am »
Oh and the new Ducati V4 sounds fokken mooi  :drif:

Lap times have been slower than the V-Twin??
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Battlestar

• Grey hound
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2018, 09:05:45 am »
Shake down testing. Still alot of work to do

Pass this way once!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2018, 09:11:02 am »
I hear you, but it's been that way for the last two months of private testing, same for the BSB bikes they tested.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2018, 09:16:49 am »
I hear you, but it's been that way for the last two months of private testing, same for the BSB bikes they tested.

Are they hiding something?  During its launch some riders, Bautista if memory serves, did some impressive lap times.

Rev limits and caps on part pricing has been part of it during this past year.  It seems they will become even more strict on that.

I have to agree that Superstock should be the main race.  There is very little of value in watching a million Euro Superbike race another million Euro Superbike, because they are not really superbikes any more.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:35:52 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2018, 09:20:02 am »

Are they hiding something?  During its launch some riders, Bautista if memory serves, did some impressive lap times.
Can be, but they were running Michelin tyres and Dunlops because they can't run the Pirelli race tyre, so who actually knows
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2018, 09:36:48 am »

Can be, but they were running Michelin tyres and Dunlops because they can't run the Pirelli race tyre, so who actually knows

True.  The tyres do make a huge difference.  Basically, we wait and see.  I really do hope for some tighter competition.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2018, 09:40:42 am »

True.  The tyres do make a huge difference.  Basically, we wait and see.  I really do hope for some tighter competition.
Bigger field, more manufactures, great riders and then a round at Kyalami, will be awesome.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2018, 09:44:51 am »

Bigger field, more manufactures, great riders and then a round at Kyalami, will be awesome.

I see on their schedule for 2019 there is one venue shown as TO BE CONFIRMED.  It is unlikely to be Kyalami, although there are many rumours going around, but one can hope .....
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2018, 10:01:51 am »
WSBK testing at Jerez yesterday and today.  Times from yesterday.

J. Rea on THAT *&*&*^_@# Green Bike.
Bautista on the new V4 Ducati
Davies on the new V4 Ducati
Lowes - Pata Yamaha
Haslam - Kawasaki Racing Team
Melandri - GRT Yamaha
Van der Mark - Pata Yamaha
Cortese - GRT Yamaha

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Sonny

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2018, 12:54:58 pm »
WSBK testing at Jerez yesterday and today.  Times from yesterday.

J. Rea on THAT *&*&*^_@# Green Bike.
Bautista on the new V4 Ducati
Davies on the new V4 Ducati
Lowes - Pata Yamaha
Haslam - Kawasaki Racing Team
Melandri - GRT Yamaha
Van der Mark - Pata Yamaha
Cortese - GRT Yamaha

Bautista ahead of his team mate already.....could he be the one to upset the Rea show?
That new V4 Ducati looking sweet.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2018, 11:41:39 am »
Day 2 testing from Jerez.

Rea - KRT Kawa
Lowes - Pata Yamaha
Haslam - KRT Kawa
Bautista - Aruba.It Ducati
Davies - Aruba.It Ducati
Vd Mark - Pata Yamie
Melandri - GRT Yamie
Cortese - GRT Yamaha

Will be interesting to see how these times compare with MGP as they will be testing there from Thursday.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline RobD

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2018, 02:47:49 pm »
As far as I know Rea did a 1:38.713 which is just under Lorenzo's lap record... :sip:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2018, 03:14:55 pm »
As far as I know Rea did a 1:38.713 which is just under Lorenzo's lap record... :sip:

Yeah, but there is a large time period between the two times.

Rea's time of 1:38.713 was yesterday.  Right at this moment the fastest MGP time is Dovi at 1:38.555.  They are still on track and times may improve though.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!