F8ooGS Headlight upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABruigom

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Good evening gents

Im hoping someone here can shed some light on the topic.

I stay on the Naudes nek and the other night i got home in the dark, (not a huge fan of riding in the dark but it will happen) and during my night trip it was very clear that i need to upgrade my headlights along with the spots that were fitting when i purchased the bike, now they do give a fair amount of light from which one can expect from std bulbs but not enough while riding up a mountain pass at 20h00 at night.

so iv been looking at upgrading the bulbs to a Philips H7 12v 55w X-treme Vision white light, but noticing on some reviews that they may cause the reflector to burn black or in some cases melt.

and then there is a LED upgrade. i just want to know is it worth it compare to just the philips halogen and what are the long term precautions to take note of (if any) and how much will this set me back.

Im not planning on the HID upgrade as almost everyone that has done an installation has pointed out that a headlight replacement will creep up in the future.

Any advise will be mostly appriciated.