Ek en die LAWALAMP. -- The LAWALAMP and I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
It has been some time ago that I pondered about starting a thread with some of my projects, trips and other mucking abouts.  As I am self-employed I always hide behind 'I do not have the time' excuse.  But eventually decided to 'document' what I've been up to.  This will be anything from computer programming, CAD design, electronic design and manufacture, growing barley in aquaponic/hydroponic (still don't know the diff), paving, modifying the high freq welder, building bikes and cars as well as other machines.  I will also include some info on some of my trips and a bit of history.

Just some background. Grew up on a farm in the Vrystaat, did my apprentice ship at VW (Uitenhage) went to UPE and various technicons.  Worked on the first two piece Coke cans (DWI) while at Metal Box.  Got gatvol for the corporate world and made built in cupboards before went back as artisan at Langeberg in Ashton.  Did glider flying, bicycling (did the Argus on a home made 10 speed dukwiel tandem.  Then got gatvol again and started an engineering design company with a friend. Got married to a Dutch (like Holland) girl, did two Grens stints at Ondangwa. (Lots of stories there that will follow)  Then  (looks as if this is gonna be a 'then' story) started a computer programming business. Then got seperated, then got married again (someone different), then got kids (still have).......

There is one thing that I decided that will bug me for the rest of my life as I will die poor in money but rich in life. I never did anything for money. I only do what I like and enjoy.

Lately I helped Mike start up Rockfox Adventure Systems.  (this was actually a company I started with two other partners before the 2008 economic crash to build and operate Readymix concrete plants.  But that story will also follow in-between.)

So, this fread will be balanced between moerse technical stuff as well as some other stories.  Hence the decision to use this section.

Ok, and where does the LAWALAMP fit in.  Mike bought a Lawa coloured F800GS for me early December 2017.  I am slowly adding stuff to the bike to make it to my liking.

Till Later
Adie

Attachments

• DSC_0026 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0026 (Medium).JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,595