Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: CRF 250 Rally neck bearing  (Read 802 times)

Offline teebag

Re: CRF 250 Rally neck bearing
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 10:39:51 pm »

And Cayenne?

I am guessing they are not Honda SA certified

Offline Rhian

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »

And Cayenne?

I am guessing they are not Honda SA certified
They said they are Honda agents in jhb.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Offline Constantinople

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 08:19:04 am »
My neck bearing is now sorted. Seems I got another bad bearing with the warranty replacement. So they put the second new bearing in with different (better) grease. Notch gone now.

I think it was under greasing in both the original and the first warrantied bearing (honda only used the grease sachet that came with the new bearing).

Offline blauth

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 09:18:36 pm »
My bearings are notchy now (7500km). I went to Honda to ask if they'd sort it under warranty. First thing they asked is if it had the 1000km service  and/or serviced in the last year. Luckily 1000km service was done end of August last year so I need to send to them for a service just to keep the warranty in tact and then they hopefully replace my neck bearing...with grease.

While it's under warranty, I'll service with them. Thereafter on my own.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:09:11 am by blauth »

Offline Mogas

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 03:00:01 pm »
My neck bearing is now sorted. Seems I got another bad bearing with the warranty replacement. So they put the second new bearing in with different (better) grease. Notch gone now.

I think it was under greasing in both the original and the first warrantied bearing (honda only used the grease sachet that came with the new bearing).
Not a Rally but a CRF250L. Same issue. Stripped it properly the other day, cleaned the old grease out of both the bearings and races, no sign of damage at all.
Greased it nicely with that black messy lithium bearing grease and put it all back together.
It's like a bought one now  ;D