The Belted Cows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonkelnut

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
The other day I decided to go ride again, a bit. I try to stick to the back roads where there is more to see. So I came upon this strange place called Fearrington (N35 48.063 W79 05.489) (https://www.fearrington.com/). Now this place was started by a couple who visited Europe and decided they wanted to build the same type of country getaway in US. So they did and it is a very nice place to visit with little country shops and crap American food. Very much like Dullstroom used to be.

DSC00004.jpg

I had a huge argument the other day with a member of wise about me not seeing any other bikes than HD's or cruisers. He said I should ride more where upon I just smiled. But I am serious; I just donâ??t see the Adventure bikes and very seldom a speed bike, only in cities. I counted 3 BMW GS's and 1 650 GS that I have seen since I came to US. Very strange or I just donâ??t get the touring thing. But here are a few more HD's.

DSC00001-1.jpg

There I found the belted cows and goats (https://www.fearrington.com/village/cows.asp). Very strange but pretty.

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

After asking myself the 1000th time why did I waist my money on American food as I know it is crap, I left to a little town I have heard of called Climax (N35 54.776 W79 42.905). Now they did say the town was small and indeed it was. Just a fire station and some scattered houses. To the right of the pic is the fire station.
It seems like every state in US got a town called Climax. So, I guess I need to visit them all. This is the first one in North Carolina.

I reacon it was the smallest climax I ever experienced.

DSC00014-1.jpg

And on my way back at Chapel Hill I saw this art form (made out of sand) next to a railway diner. Very nice.

DSC00019-2.jpg

OK. That is all. Till next time.