Short VS long Boot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Not wanting to hijack another boot thread , but keen on opinions I would like some input . What is your view with regards short and long adventure boots . Not keen on a view of heavy mx boots . more the adventure riders point if view . As things stand I wear a pair of Thor 50/50 boots , shorties , they are pretty comfortable and one can be in then all day .i would also think that most adventure riders have their pants over the boot and if you do this then a long boot could be a bit of a pain to get pants over . or am I missing something ?
My short boot has a disadvantage that it does let the bottom of the pants ride up a bit and in rainy weather water gets in , wet feet not nice . this brings me to wanting longer boots , the Forma mid length one is  possible the boot to have but a bit pricey . BWH has Spirit boots on special and they look the part , whats your opinion on them? At this stage I do not plan on any heave off road adventures . long tar stretches and may some nice dirt road .