Problem with front wheel / tire going flat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Komin

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
I need some advice. 

In January the front tire of my 98 AT (RD04) went flat with a slow leak.  I checked the tire but there were no nails or thorns and put in a new tube.

About a week later I rode to work in the morning with no problem but in the afternoon the tire was flat again.  I then took the AT to EMD where they checked the rim.  They said the spokes are pushing through and put in double sided tape with a rubber lining and a new tube.  About 2 weeks later the exact same problem.  EMD then put in a 2nd section of rubber lining and new tube and the front tire lasted about 3 months.

Beginning of June exactly the same problem.  I then took the AT to another bike shop where they could not find anything wrong with the rim and replaced the tube.

Last week same problem again.  I took the AT back to EMD and we went through the entire rim but cannot find any signs of the rim being cracked or spokes pushing through.

Each time the tire is OK going to work but flat when I want to leave for home.  All the punctures thus far were on the top part of the tube between the tube and rim but not in the same spot.

Anyone has any idea what is happening?