Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018 - UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Boy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
So last year when my life took another turn and I knew I was relocating to the UK, I started a list of places to visit, events to attend, things to do, roads to drive (as per Top Gear). Having been here since January, I have started working my way through the list. The most outstanding thus far has to be Saturdays Goodwood FOS.
To make it even better, my friend invited me as a guest to the hospitality suite so not only did I have free entrance and wonderful refreshments all day long, but a place to take refuge from the searing heat. Yes, you read that right, the UK is in the grips of a heatwave like they have never known before. They are actually wishing for rain.

This year was special as it is the 25th anniversary of the FOS and also celebrated the 70th Anniversary of Porsche.

Note, all photos were taking with my cell phone so dont take kindly to zoom and movement. I will be loading pics over the next few days as I have plenty and need to resize them before posting.

Every year there is always a striking display and 2018 was no different. The little shack in the background is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Richmond and also the hosts of this fine event. I dont think they battle financially.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 273