So I popped a valve...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tau

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
As most have seen now I had a valve failure on my HP2. It is so sad as this bike has not been ridden in anger since I got her, not much in the last 18 months (500 km ).

When I bought the bike I took it to Tankwa bike burn within days where it developed a misfire and I had to ride it for 120 kn with it misfiring and going again. Donford replace coils and she came back much better. Then she misfired after washing, but O cleaned and sprayed all plugs with electrical spray and all was fine. Last year I rode the Africa Twin Honda gave me so the HP literally stood under a blanket in the corner of a warehouse. This Year I started racing again with my son, so AdV riding was one overnight trip with my 7 year old on the back to Oasis, so once again super slow and never high revs. This was in January. Saturday I had to charge the battery as it was dead. Sunday morning she didn’t want to swing over, which I attributed to the 4 year + old battery in the bike(i bought the bike with this battery). I forced the starter button a little longer and she just started. I left the bike to idle for 25 minutes whilst I got dressed and did my makeup. Switched her of and checked the oil level.once again she struggled to start.

I rode slowly to Vaalbaas as the road in the pass between us was very wet. Once again the bike just started as he only lives 5 km from our farm I assumed the battery was still not fully charged.

Vaalbaas lead the way and I followed with him having to wait for me at turn offs as I was cruising super rustig. In Piketberg I heatd a light tap noise from the motor, but it dissapeared, I assumed that something resonated for a short while. We had breakfast and afterwards the bike started like it had a new battery and starter. We filled up with petrol and once again she started like new battery was just fitted.

Vaalbaas lead the way out and I followed as we reached the pass I gave her a hand full and for the first time the day I passef 120 km/h!!!!

On deceleration i just heard the sound a piston moering something.

I have destroyed many engines in my life, but have now been 8 years clean. I have been doing good. [emoji85]

Anyway.
I need a new barrel
Cylinderhead
Piston
Rings
And to clean the motor proper