Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: So..lets define a biker  (Read 4024 times)

Online Sheepman

Re: So..lets define a biker
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 08:16:22 am »
I have met some interesting folks recently who claims to be the worlds biggest bikers. Erm, ok pappa.
So I want to define a biker in regards to my way of thinking.

1. You get guys who build one bike after the other, or maybe a couple of bikes at the same time, keeps them all, but claim they do not have time to ride:
You are a bike builder. Not a biker.

2. You get guys who claim that they do not want to ride in in miserable weather, because its a mission to clean the bike again.
You are a lazy sod, Not a biker.

3. You get guys who have a garage full of high priced bikes, but never rides them. The bikes do however get started up and rev the cream crackers off it when a visitor pays attention. The bikes just about get taken out only when due for annual service.
You are a rich fart/collector. Not a biker.

4. "Since I,ve become a dad, I do not have time to ride".
Ahhh yes..... The one you bump into most. If you do not ride anymore,  because you feel more responsible, great, Then sell the bike to somebody that will use it.
If you argue that you do not have time, then I assume you work away from home permanently or you never leave the house. Because your bike is right there.
You are not a biker.

5. If you do not ride when it is too cold..... You are a moffie, Not a biker.

6. Commuting to your work every weekday on your bike, but not riding anywhere else ever on bike..
You are a commuter. Not a biker.

6. You have people that have ONE bike in the garage, go to work every day, and have a bike battery that is flat all the time, because they do not have time to ride.
Nope, do not understand this, at all.
Previous job I had, I had a company car and a petrol card. I took the bike to work every Friday, costing me money out of my pocket, but I wanted to ride.
You are not a biker.

OK, hope this all clear now. You either long for the image of biking, or you bike.
 There is nothing in between, except for excuses.

So Altie, please tell, where do you fit in your criteria - do you long for the image or are you a biker as per your definitions ?

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 08:20:00 am »
I have sex 6 times a week and i bike twicw a wee. Does that make me a f@cker rather than a biker?  ::) ;) :peepwall:

Are you having that sex with a mother?

Or a stupid?
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline the ruffian

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 08:23:37 am »
Well, Meurig, thanks for sharing that. The obvious question is whether you ever have sex on your bike (with a mother or not), and how many times a week...?! :biggrin:

Is this hijacking the thread...?

Online Renrew

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 08:24:04 am »
Basically Altie drinks his own piss and catches his food with snares he fashioned himself. Then he hasnít even gotten on the bike yet... Imagine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 950R Super Enduro_0km ;)
KTM 300 XC-W

Online Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 08:25:02 am »
Well, Meurig, thanks for sharing that. The obvious question is whether you ever have sex on your bike (with a mother or not), and how many times a week...?! :biggrin:

Whahahaha

ďA mother...Ē thatís funny

KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Online blackbird

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 08:31:03 am »
Wel dan is ek seker n happy biker, ry mooiweer en hael bike, dikbek as ek moet bakkie ry, naweke as ek nie werk is ek en Tigre, op forum, op die bikes en kom net huistoe om te slaap. Geseend, die kinders is groot en aanvaar ons speelgoed. Ons rally van tyd tot tyd en toer graag. Wat iemand ons noem is nou nie regtig iets wat ons pla nie, net solank ons kan bike! Jaag en vat kanse, die boek is klaar geskryf, Moenie indruk nie!
Jaag en vat kanse, moenie indruk nie, die boek is klaar geskryf!

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 08:31:23 am »

Whahahaha

ďA mother...Ē thatís funny

@Mother will take offence

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 08:55:12 am »
I have a touring bike I only ride now and again, a dirt bike I only ride now and again, a sport bike I only ride now and again and and a Kombi I ride sometimes

It would therefor seem I'm not a biker and have a miserable life  :lol8:

Hopefully you drive the Kombi and do not ride it ... I used to ride inside mine, mind.  >:D
Cleaarly you are a now and again type of guy  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline JJL

• Pack Dog
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:27 am »
Ek ry bike wanneer ek wil, en ry met die kar of bakkie waneer ek wil.

Maar ek weier om 7 de Laan te kyk.

Wat maak dit my?

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2018, 09:30:40 am »
Laat ek maar liewers net lees en my mond hou...
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 09:50:11 am »
Julle is almal 'n klomp moffies man  :pot:

- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline 2wdrift

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 09:52:10 am »
I have always thought that if you have crashed really hard and continue riding you are a rider at heart, or a moron. I'm not quite sure wich.
XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

Online Coala

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 09:54:08 am »
The only true bikers are the delivery bike guys in Cape Town.  They have topboxes that would put any GS to shame, ride in 80km/h winds and pouring rain - foook - they are epic

Online Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 09:56:08 am »
The only true bikers are the delivery bike guys in Cape Town.  They have topboxes that would put any GS to shame, ride in 80km/h winds and pouring rain - foook - they are epic

Well they ride gs800ís which makes them hartkor by definition.

Making delivires is no joke!

KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:39 am »

I can agree with this. Usually with almost no kit aside from a poorly fitted helmet on a 100-200cc fong kong bike with a top box the size of a hilux's loadbin. Bloody impressive
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Vroom vroom vroom blah blah blah
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 10:11:06 am »
Basically Altie drinks his own piss and catches his food with snares he fashioned himself. Then he hasnít even gotten on the bike yet... Imagine...

Ja! Envision BearI Grills.
No wait... he is too soft.
I grill bears.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

"Choose a bike that will be the most fun in the challenging spots, not one that will be the most comfortable in the easy spots." Walter Colebatch

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 10:48:09 am »
I have met some interesting folks recently who claims to be the worlds biggest bikers. Erm, ok pappa.
So I want to define a biker in regards to my way of thinking.

1. You get guys who build one bike after the other, or maybe a couple of bikes at the same time, keeps them all, but claim they do not have time to ride:
You are a bike builder. Not a biker.

2. You get guys who claim that they do not want to ride in in miserable weather, because its a mission to clean the bike again.
You are a lazy sod, Not a biker.

3. You get guys who have a garage full of high priced bikes, but never rides them. The bikes do however get started up and rev the cream crackers off it when a visitor pays attention. The bikes just about get taken out only when due for annual service.
You are a rich fart/collector. Not a biker.

4. "Since I,ve become a dad, I do not have time to ride".
Ahhh yes..... The one you bump into most. If you do not ride anymore,  because you feel more responsible, great, Then sell the bike to somebody that will use it.
If you argue that you do not have time, then I assume you work away from home permanently or you never leave the house. Because your bike is right there.
You are not a biker.

5. If you do not ride when it is too cold..... You are a moffie, Not a biker.

6. Commuting to your work every weekday on your bike, but not riding anywhere else ever on bike..
You are a commuter. Not a biker.

6. You have people that have ONE bike in the garage, go to work every day, and have a bike battery that is flat all the time, because they do not have time to ride.
Nope, do not understand this, at all.
Previous job I had, I had a company car and a petrol card. I took the bike to work every Friday, costing me money out of my pocket, but I wanted to ride.
You are not a biker.

OK, hope this all clear now. You either long for the image of biking, or you bike.
 There is nothing in between, except for excuses.

If you own a bike and ride it how, where and when you want and you do not give a shit about any of the above, you are a biker.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:48:55 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online Renrew

• Race Dog
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 10:48:48 am »

Ja! Envision BearI Grills.
No wait... he is too soft.
I grill bears.

haha

KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline BabyBeemer

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 11:07:34 am »
I ride motorcycles - so I consider myself a motorcyclist.  I do not want to be labelled a biker \ baaiker.
Bikes owned: Yamaha MR50, Honda MT5, Suzuki A80, Honda Transalp 700, BMW F650GS (Twin) BMW 800GS, Honda CBR300R, BMW F800R, BMW1200GS LC Sym Symphony 150 Current bikes: Another BMW 1200GS. BMWG310GS (For my son to learn on)

The following users thanked this post: Sabre

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 12:15:09 pm »
just b coz you you claim to have regular sex ...... does not define you as a NON WANKER
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride