So..lets define a biker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altie7deLaan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I have met some interesting folks recently who claims to be the worlds biggest bikers. Erm, ok pappa.
So I want to define a biker in regards to my way of thinking.

1. You get guys who build one bike after the other, or maybe a couple of bikes at the same time, keeps them all, but claim they do not have time to ride:
You are a bike builder. Not a biker.

2. You get guys who claim that they do not want to ride in in miserable weather, because its a mission to clean the bike again.
You are a lazy sod, Not a biker.

3. You get guys who have a garage full of high priced bikes, but never rides them. The bikes do however get started up and rev the cream crackers off it when a visitor pays attention. The bikes just about get taken out only when due for annual service.
You are a rich fart/collector. Not a biker.

4. "Since I,ve become a dad, I do not have time to ride".
Ahhh yes..... The one you bump into most. If you do not ride anymore,  because you feel more responsible, great, Then sell the bike to somebody that will use it.
If you argue that you do not have time, then I assume you work away from home permanently or you never leave the house. Because your bike is right there.
You are not a biker.

5. If you do not ride when it is too cold..... You are a moffie, Not a biker.

6. Commuting to your work every weekday on your bike, but not riding anywhere else ever on bike..
You are a commuter. Not a biker.

6. You have people that have ONE bike in the garage, go to work every day, and have a bike battery that is flat all the time, because they do not have time to ride.
Nope, do not understand this, at all.
Previous job I had, I had a company car and a petrol card. I took the bike to work every Friday, costing me money out of my pocket, but I wanted to ride.
You are not a biker.

OK, hope this all clear now. You either long for the image of biking, or you bike.
There is nothing in between, except for excuses.