Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: G310GS recall  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Imran

G310GS recall
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:33 pm »
Any news on the recall on the G310GS regarding the side stand/frame issue? Dealer says they are awaiting parts before the process begins! To sum up, what I've learnt is that some bikes have suffered bent/broken side stands and some even severe enough to damage the frame! Is BMW once again placing riders in danger?
Some say I lack ambition,
I say I value my freedom.

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: G310GS recall
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:32:13 pm »
Any news on the recall on the G310GS regarding the side stand/frame issue? Dealer says they are awaiting parts before the process begins! To sum up, what I've learnt is that some bikes have suffered bent/broken side stands and some even severe enough to damage the frame! Is BMW once again placing riders in danger?

Failures have been going on for years, far fewer now, BUT they are reported and there are recall's I don't regard the histrionics as being necessary, frame damage does not mean dangerous to the rider, many Dakars were written off due to frame scrapes, where filling and paint would have been fine, but no, new frame required.  :sip: 
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline BabyBeemer

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 02:34:23 pm »
Bait and ammo for 2SD

Online Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 02:46:12 pm »
Bait and ammo for 2SD

2StrokeDan.................2StrokeDan...................where are you ?

Offline TheBear

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 02:49:39 pm »
MODS! 

MODS!

Delete this thread immediately!  I beg you in the name of all that is holy in India and a few other countries.  I am not asking for myself, but think of the impact of this news on 2SD.  Please!  He will destroy a keyboard in 2 hours.  Think of the financial implications!
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:58:32 pm »
I'll get the ball rolling......

Did the notice just say "The whole thing is a piece of shit"  :pot:
KTM 690R, 790ADV

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 03:04:04 pm »
"Is the bike so heavy that it bends the sidestand"?   :biggrin:

I haven't received a recall notice. Frame and side-stand is fine. But BMW will replace it quick and easily if true in typical BMW fashion.   :deal:
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 03:17:06 pm »
It's the vertically challenged fat arses that stand on the pegs to get on and off, thus bending the stand.
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »
It's the vertically challenged fat arses that stand on the pegs to get on and off, thus bending the stand.

Egg zactly!  No, never mind about vertically challenged, or fat arse, I would just never even think of mounting a bike with my weight on the footpeg while the bike is on the side stand.
Anyone who does so deserves the damage they cause.

It's called mechanical sympathy.

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 03:28:24 pm »

Egg zactly!  No, never mind about vertically challenged, or fat arse, I would just never even think of mounting a bike with my weight on the footpeg while the bike is on the side stand.

Standard practice for any tall bike... my KLR is just fine thanks... :sip: :snorting:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 03:29:20 pm »
Pffft...
I think 2SD needs to be recalled,  so many people asking him "Whats wrong with you!" :peepwall:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 03:36:01 pm »

You never saw me with my old XL, only way for me to be able to kick it through was to climb up and start it on the sidestand and then ride it off!
Worked and no recall needed.
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 03:42:19 pm »

You never saw me with my old XL, only way for me to be able to kick it through was to climb up and start it on the sidestand and then ride it off!
I believe most Jap bikes are designed with this in mind... they are generally on the shorter side so when testing a new design any defect will come out and they then ammend the prototype to suit this style of mounting... :sip:

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 03:44:00 pm »

I believe most Jap bikes are designed with this in mind... they are generally on the shorter side so when testing a new design any defect will come out and they then ammend the prototype to suit this style of mounting... :sip:

How many 1,9m 140kg lard arse Japs have you seen.... :sip:
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline MiniDan

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 03:48:54 pm »
Tick-Tock... Tick-Tock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 03:50:51 pm »
How many 1,9m 140kg lard arse Japs have you seen.... :sip:
Like I said... the Japs factor in the short lard assed yanks... :deal: :sip:

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 04:17:45 pm »
 :biggrin: Anyone ever seen me out and about on my X Challenge? I won't climb on the footpeg, because the instinctive mechanical sympathy I've mentioned just won't let me do it.

But I've given a lot of people a good giggle watching me make repeated attempts before I finally manage to throw my leg over!  :lol8:

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 04:25:07 pm »
I saw this , but as failures on this indo-China piece of headwrinkle was so expected, I did not respond initially. :deal:

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 04:39:31 pm »
Come on Dan, it is the best bike Harry has ever ridden! Now you are slating it, so out of character!
Current rides: Husqvarna TE 610 (2009),  KTM 950 SE(2007)
 KTM 500 EXC (2016)
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 04:42:54 pm »
Come on Dan, it is the best bike Harry has ever ridden! Now you are slating it, so out of character!

Harry forgot to test the sidestand, or he turned a typically BMW fanboy blind eye. :ricky: