Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: G310GS recall  (Read 3384 times)

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: G310GS recall
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2018, 12:29:31 pm »

"BMW HP2 - stand fine but the original OEM alu hinge bracket needs replacing with a later steel one, otherwise bends. "

You altered the power to weight ratio on your HP2?
Blasphemy! A real biker will never do that! :pot:

:imaposer:  Ja but then I corrected it by airing down the tires.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Imran

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 08:11:51 am »
Some pics of broken side stands!
Some say I lack ambition,
I say I value my freedom.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 08:40:31 pm »
I have really tried my best, in the face of serious blasphemy of my lily-white character and tender soul, to inform people that this bike would be just cheap.

It seems to be even worse.

Offline LoopSoosStroop

• Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
  • Long live the TTR
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 08:43:25 pm »
Can they not recall the whole thing?

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2018, 08:48:09 pm »
Can they not recall the whole thing?

Or just make it go away? :patch:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:59 am »
BMW would solve 90% of their issues if they recalled Danie.   >:D
.#BRADICAL!

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2018, 07:14:19 am »
BMW would solve 90% of their issues if they recalled Danie.   >:D

And accumulate another 99%  :imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701 Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2018, 07:18:45 am »
BMW motorrad is in a seriously strong position and will recover from the 310 regardless of how crap it is.
A large group of blind followers, that refuse to look behind a badge.
Just look at the crf450l thread. Lots of Honda fans pucking around, but most people saying they first will sit it out to see how it fares in the real world.

xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Beware the 250 roost !
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2018, 08:46:28 am »
BMW motorrad is in a seriously strong position and will recover from the 310 regardless of how crap it is.
Just look at the crf450l thread. Lots of Honda fans pucking around, but most people saying they first will sit it out to see how it fares in the real world.
It will fare really well, when the Japanese release a bike it sells unchanged for 20 years only with bold new graphics updates. Case in point  :deal:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:47:52 am by sidetrack »
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline Altie7deLaan

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2018, 10:14:21 am »
It will fair really well, when the Japanese release a bike it sells unchanged for 20 years only with bold new graphics updates. Case in point  :deal:

Ja nee, the Japs still squeezing  money out of the dr650.
 Simple and reliable.
Unfortunately the dr was thrown out of ZA, because we do not want a single cylinder with too high emissions.
You may however drive a 6.2 litre V8 AMG, you may demand free land and services, kill rape and burn down  if you are unhappy.
Forest for the trees.....
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

The following users thanked this post: husky

Offline TheBear

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2018, 09:35:42 am »

As opposed to the large group of blind opposers who refuse to look beyond the badge. 
.#BRADICAL!

Offline TheBear

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2018, 09:38:08 am »
It will fare really well, when the Japanese release a bike it sells unchanged for 20 years only with bold new graphics updates. Case in point  :deal:

:laughing4:

Well said!  They must be making 80% GP margins on that.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2018, 03:33:28 pm »

Shows you how advanced the DR was when it 1st came out. :ricky:

Offline Altie7deLaan

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2018, 03:37:48 pm »

As opposed to the large group of blind opposers who refuse to look beyond the badge.

Nou hoe bedoel die beer dan nou?
Kan die opposers nie verby hulle eie badge kyk nie, of kan nie verby die opposing badge kyk nie?
Oeps en dan kry jy ouens wat hulle skuldig maak aan albei.... :peepwall:

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2018, 10:32:05 am »
It will fair really well, when the Japanese release a bike it sells unchanged for 20 years only with bold new graphics updates. Case in point  :deal:

Ja nee, the Japs still squeezing  money out of the dr650.
 Simple and reliable.
Unfortunately the dr was thrown out of ZA, because we do not want a single cylinder with too high emissions.
You may however drive a 6.2 litre V8 AMG, you may demand free land and services, kill rape and burn down  if you are unhappy.
Forest for the trees.....

How come the Chinese bikes with zero emission control, that still run carburetors, can be sold in ZAR,  but not the Japanese singles?  Is it a case of the importers of the Jap bikes just not caring? It seems the only Jap ADV bike you can currently buy new in the 650 class is the Vstrom?
/Hijack off

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2018, 10:55:52 am »
Maybe if Cyril was to go and kiss some Japanese arses like he does with the Chinese, and get them to invest in/exploit the country to the same extent, then maybe the DR's and similar bikes might suddenly get the nod again?

Offline TheBear

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2018, 11:58:06 am »

Shows you how advanced the DR was when it 1st came out. :ricky:

You mean it was first launched already advanced in age?   :lol8:

How come the Chinese bikes with zero emission control, that still run carburetors, can be sold in ZAR,  but not the Japanese singles?  Is it a case of the importers of the Jap bikes just not caring? It seems the only Jap ADV bike you can currently buy new in the 650 class is the Vstrom?

I am sure that the DR, for instance, was pulled from ou rmarket because it is a single, or because it is carburetted.  It was more a case of the emissions not within acceptable limits, while these smaller Chines / Indian and Japanese bikes still come in below a certain level.

Nou hoe bedoel die beer dan nou?
Kan die opposers nie verby hulle eie badge kyk nie, of kan nie verby die opposing badge kyk nie?
Oeps en dan kry jy ouens wat hulle skuldig maak aan albei.... :peepwall:

Nee, maar die omie bedoel maar, of jy BMW blindelings laaik, of blindelings dislaaik, is mos maar dieselfde ding.  DIt bly 'n blindelingse keuse.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:02:47 pm by TheBear »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Clint_G

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2018, 01:53:13 pm »
About climbing on the bike while on the side stand. I'm 177cm, weigh 95kg, and ride an 1190.
With boots and kit on, there's a pretty good chance I'm going to tear my seat or scratch my bike trying to get my leg over it.
Especially after a few hours of playing in the dirt. So I stand on the footpeg.
I did it with my 800GS, and with the 1200GS, and never had issues.

On a smaller bike, I'd understand being a little concerned about a flimsy side stand, but of the 3 bikes I mentioned, there was no problem using it like that.

Before that I rode superbikes. If you can't get onto on of those without using the sidestand, you should consider joining the circus.  :peepwall:

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Beware the 250 roost !
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2019, 05:00:07 pm »
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2019, 05:40:43 pm »
So what is to be expected - made in India. Rather buy a Royal Enfield. No beating about the bush there. You know what you pay for and you get what you paid for.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

The following users thanked this post: RobC