Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: G310GS recall  (Read 3776 times)

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
Re: G310GS recall
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2019, 07:07:08 pm »
At this point I would like members to read some of the pitiful fanboy outcries in defence of the baby-Beemer on the GS310 thread, after I foretold that a bike built in India in an Indian bike factory,

will be an Indian bike, sub-standard and cheaply-built.

Even before it was released, fanboys swore it would be great.

Some idiot in a motorcycle test even declared it the best adventure bike he's ever ridden.  Hope he was fired for such blatant and dishonest misleading of his readers. :patch:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:08:01 pm by 2StrokeDan »

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2019, 10:59:51 am »
Seems like my misgivings were predictions... >:D

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2019, 05:44:52 pm »
At this point I would like members to read some of the pitiful fanboy outcries in defence of the baby-Beemer on the GS310 thread, after I foretold that a bike built in India in an Indian bike factory,

All your foretelling is moot Danie and your excitement about the latest BMW misgivings have prevented you from clear and level headed BMW bashing.  The 310 Beemer, may well be, as you so aptly described, an "Indian bike, sub-standard and cheaply built", however it still had less recalls than the 1200LC German built and all and all. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:46:16 pm by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2019, 06:56:22 pm »

All your foretelling is moot Danie and your excitement about the latest BMW misgivings have prevented you from clear and level headed BMW bashing.  The 310 Beemer, may well be, as you so aptly described, an "Indian bike, sub-standard and cheaply built", however it still had less recalls than the 1200LC German built and all and all.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I lose focus, and my eyes wander off the target. >:D >:D

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2019, 07:38:26 pm »

Sometimes, just sometimes, I lose focus, and my eyes wander off the target. >:D >:D

:laughing4:

It takes a man to admit to his shortcomings, however infrequent said shortcomings may present themselves.   :lol8:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline stcomza

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Bazinga!
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2019, 08:36:10 am »

Some idiot in a motorcycle test even declared it the best adventure bike he's ever ridden.  Hope he was fired for such blatant and dishonest misleading of his readers. :patch:

You no likey the G310 GS, we get it... 8)

I likey, so stone me  :biggrin:
Have you hugged your motorcycle today?
Twitter : @steynw76

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2019, 03:39:15 pm »

You are free to like it, my honest original point was to try and avoid people thinking that this was going to be a good quality bike because BMW told you so.

It is an re-badged Indian bike.

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2019, 06:08:36 pm »

You are free to like it, my honest original point was to try and avoid people thinking that this was going to be a good quality bike because BMW told you so.

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2019, 07:59:30 am »

If it was Danie, there would be no quality issues.  Have you ever heard of a Bajaj on recall?   :imaposer:

Why does this bother you so much?  WD's here have described you as the greatest guy ever and they have never even met you.  At least that guy did ride the 310 for a bit.   :peepwall: :snorting:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:03:05 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2019, 08:22:28 am »
I'll tell you why this Indian BMW bothers me so much.

It was clear that BMW was using wordplay to bring customers[often sheep when it comes to this brand] under a false impression.

It's almost like you see a guy is going to pay a deposit to a Nigerian scamster, and you can do nothing to help him.

I tried my best.

Those who bought them, thank Harry and "Motorrad" ::)

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2019, 08:49:08 am »
For me honesty, playing open cards, goes a long way, if not all the way.

All the discussions and reviews on the C400 that I perused (8/9 of them) state that that it is made in China. Only ONE claimed that the C400 is made in Berlin!

BMW on its official BMW website is 100% dead quite as to where the C400 is manufactured. Very understandably so. Had the C400 been made in BERLIN, BMW would surely have blasted that fact to the world. But it so very conspicuously does NOT. So it is surely not made in Berlin.

Then it is marketed as a C400. WTF? That is deceptive in a grave manner. So deceptive that posters here on Wild Dog even believe that it is a 400cc and refer to it as such, which it MOST definitely is not!

We live in a world of lies. The government lies to us, the churches lie to us, the schools lie to us, our employers lie to us. Everything around us is fake – fake news, fake people, fake marketing. Not even to mention photoshop.

So where an established and apparent reputable company like BMW cannot play open cards, I tend to strip my moer. If something is made in China, it is made in China. No two ways about it. Same with India. Due to my recent involvement with BSA I became quite involved with BSA forums on the net and is there a lot of complaining and bitching regarding BSA parts made in India. It looks good, is cheap, is readily accessible, but the quality sucks. You see a trend here?
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Offline vigilant

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2019, 09:07:23 am »
If damage is found, a redesigned frame including the reinforced side stand connector will be installed.

Sweet.
Just drop your new boney off at the dealer for the appy to install a new frame quickly.
  :o
Ride the lightning

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2019, 09:13:08 am »
I'll tell you why this Indian BMW bothers me so much.

It was clear that BMW was using wordplay to bring customers[often sheep when it comes to this brand] under a false impression.

It's almost like you see a guy is going to pay a deposit to a Nigerian scamster, and you can do nothing to help him.

I tried my best.

Those who bought them, thank Harry and "Motorrad" ::)

Well, the really good news here is that you took your own extensive advice and didn't buy one.   :imaposer:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2019, 09:19:59 am »
For me honesty, playing open cards, goes a long way, if not all the way.

All the discussions and reviews on the C400 that I perused (8/9 of them) state that that it is made in China. Only ONE claimed that the C400 is made in Berlin!

BMW on its official BMW website is 100% dead quite as to where the C400 is manufactured. Very understandably so. Had the C400 been made in BERLIN, BMW would surely have blasted that fact to the world. But it so very conspicuously does NOT. So it is surely not made in Berlin.

Then it is marketed as a C400. WTF? That is deceptive in a grave manner. So deceptive that posters here on Wild Dog even believe that it is a 400cc and refer to it as such, which it MOST definitely is not!

We live in a world of lies. The government lies to us, the churches lie to us, the schools lie to us, our employers lie to us. Everything around us is fake – fake news, fake people, fake marketing. Not even to mention photoshop.

So where an established and apparent reputable company like BMW cannot play open cards, I tend to strip my moer. If something is made in China, it is made in China. No two ways about it. Same with India. Due to my recent involvement with BSA I became quite involved with BSA forums on the net and is there a lot of complaining and bitching regarding BSA parts made in India. It looks good, is cheap, is readily accessible, but the quality sucks. You see a trend here?

The important point for me, is that none of this is new.  Companies, especially automotive related companies have done this sort of manufacturing for decades.  I cannot understand why BMW is targeted.  First, they were pretty clear on where the 310's would be manufactured.  I have never had doubts about the origin of the C400.  I thought its birthplace was general knowledge.  Anyway, one can draw up a long list of badge engineering in the automotive industry.  Not strange.  Not new.
#33 #BRADICAL!

The following users thanked this post: stcomza

Offline eberhard

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2019, 09:34:28 am »
I cannot understand why BMW is targeted. 

BMW is NOT targeted. It is only getting measured by the attitude and standards it set itself. What goes around, comes around.

Once upon a time BMW made bikes. I have a few of them. Trust me, they are the best.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2019, 09:55:40 am »
I cannot understand why BMW is targeted. 

BMW is NOT targeted. It is only getting measured by the attitude and standards it set itself. What goes around, comes around.

Once upon a time BMW made bikes. I have a few of them. Trust me, they are the best.

I am on my third BMW and my wife on her fourth, but I am not convinced they are the best.  Yes, the total package which includes after sales service, finance, etc.  makes them a very good buy, but I would rather say "one of the best". 

To me, it does however seems that we tend to target BMW, especially when I see some of the expectations in terms of them having to announce where products are made, etc.   I have yet to see similar demands made on other manufacturers.  Furthermore, I do not really see more recalls on these "foreign" made BMW's than on older German made models.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:59:02 am by TheBear »
#33 #BRADICAL!

Online Odd Dog

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2019, 11:04:20 am »
Why complain about a bike that you have no intention of ever riding or owning.  :bueller:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:06:16 am by Odd Dog »
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Online MiniDan

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2019, 11:31:44 am »
Why complain about a bike that you have no intention of ever riding or owning.  :bueller:

Because they dominate a major sector in our industry and if let to continuously brainwash riders, will get more of the market.

And finally have a big say in what bikes we get in SA...cheaply made, overweight monstrosities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Online TheBear

• KilRoy die haas!
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2019, 11:46:47 am »

Because they dominate a major sector in our industry and if let to continuously brainwash riders, will get more of the market.

And finally have a big say in what bikes we get in SA...cheaply made, overweight monstrosities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You over-estimate BMW as a company and under-estimate the intelligence of the buying public.  You also clearly do not understand market forces and world markets.  A manufacturer does not make something and then see if there is a market.  They first see the market and then make a product to meet that market.  There are obviously exceptions, but the small BMW's, KTM's, etc. are not among them.  There is a huge market for small capacity bikes and companies are making bikes to play in that market.  It is not cheating.  It is not marketing.  It is not brainwashing.  It is not personal. It is just business.

The Honda 250 Twister was possibly one of the best selling bikes of that size, bullet proof and did service as delivery bikes all over the world, including in SA.  They were made in Brazil.  No one ever complained.  No one gave a hoot.  For 99,99% of the world market, the small Beemers or KTM's or Yamahas for that matter, is exactly the same.  Only a teensy minority of BMW nonfanboys waffle on about this.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline eberhard

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2019, 12:00:40 pm »
Hey, come on, I get the best coke from Brazil. Never complained. Neither my customers. Can’t say the same from India.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7